Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Just got my 722....  (Read 10181 times)

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
Re: Just got my 722....
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2009, 10:33:59 PM »
For The Record: never, ever send a recorder anywhere before you copy off ALL the files, even the ones you do not want.  There is no guarantee you will ever see those files on the recorder again.

So true Mark :'( I'm bummed to hear that, because I wanted to hear your 3/6 to comp to mine.

BTW Mark, where is a link to your 3/8 150>722 recording ??? I only have yours (and about 10 other sources just to comp when I have a bunch of free time one day) of your 3/7 source and the 10 other sources I have for 3/7/09 8)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline NicStage

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • Sound Devices, LLC Support
    • Sound Devices
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2009, 02:31:55 PM »
have 3/7 and 3/8 but not the 1st night  :(
I believe I backed those files up before your old recorder was formatted and sent them in the mail to you. The reason you weren't aware of that until now is that I had an incorrect email address for you. You should see the files sometime this week. :)

To clarify Sound Devices repair process a little, the service labor rates are as follows:

7-series recorders, 442 and 442N mixers: $235 / unit.
302 mixer: $115 / unit
MixPre, MM-1, MP-1, HX-3, USBPre: $75 / unit

These rates are flat rates and do not include parts. We do not charge by the hour at all. These rates apply only to out-of-warranty units (All new units come with a 1 year warranty). Repairs performed within the 1 year warranty period are free-of-charge. All repairs are warrantied for a year after the date of repair; Meaning that if the unit comes in for repair and it is determined that the failure was due to components / systems repaired by us in the last year, the current repair is free-of-charge.

All units that come in for repair are inspected in detail before, during, and after going to the repair technicians. If the reported problem can't be duplicated, we contact the customer to ensure that we have all the pieces of the puzzle and that we're doing everything we can to address the issue. We also do preventative maintenance and address any issue that we find that weren't reported. As well, we perform free-of-charge production hardware updates to older units that require them to bring the unit up to current production standards. Before leaving the factory all repaired units must pass the same exact bench test that new units do coming off the line.

One caveat: The terms above apply only to repairs done here at our factory in the United States. Terms and rates for repairs done at authorized international partners are determined by those partners (Although the 1 year warranty period still applies).

Nic Stage
Sound Devices Support
nic_stage[ReplaceWithAt]sounddevices.com
1-800-505-0625

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:34:10 PM by NicStage »
Sound Devices, LLC Support

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2009, 08:06:02 PM »
I believe I backed those files up before your old recorder was formatted and sent them in the mail to you. The reason you weren't aware of that until now is that I had an incorrect email address for you. You should see the files sometime this week. :)

To clarify Sound Devices repair process a little, the service labor rates are as follows:

7-series recorders, 442 and 442N mixers: $235 / unit.
302 mixer: $115 / unit
MixPre, MM-1, MP-1, HX-3, USBPre: $75 / unit

These rates are flat rates and do not include parts. We do not charge by the hour at all. These rates apply only to out-of-warranty units (All new units come with a 1 year warranty). Repairs performed within the 1 year warranty period are free-of-charge. All repairs are warrantied for a year after the date of repair; Meaning that if the unit comes in for repair and it is determined that the failure was due to components / systems repaired by us in the last year, the current repair is free-of-charge.

All units that come in for repair are inspected in detail before, during, and after going to the repair technicians. If the reported problem can't be duplicated, we contact the customer to ensure that we have all the pieces of the puzzle and that we're doing everything we can to address the issue. We also do preventative maintenance and address any issue that we find that weren't reported. As well, we perform free-of-charge production hardware updates to older units that require them to bring the unit up to current production standards. Before leaving the factory all repaired units must pass the same exact bench test that new units do coming off the line.

One caveat: The terms above apply only to repairs done here at our factory in the United States. Terms and rates for repairs done at authorized international partners are determined by those partners (Although the 1 year warranty period still applies).

Nic Stage
Sound Devices Support
nic_stage[ReplaceWithAt]sounddevices.com
1-800-505-0625

Sound Devices... +T for the great customer service.

Offline Just Taper Mark from NC

• when the bass kicks..all I need is a mic and a stage and mix.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Dodgertown 90090
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2009, 09:10:21 PM »
thanks for coming and posting here nic,no worries about the email thing it seems
to happen a lot in these situations so I'm use to it.  :) MAJOR thanks for backing
those files up and getting them to me,I really wasn't expecting it but then again
I thought I'd be getting that same unit back but thats just my luck and like I said
in the last email this whole DAT>HDD switch has really been trial and error for me
but mostly error.  :yack:

I'd be interested to know exactly what was wrong with it if you don't mind emailing
me again,mojan didn't really induldge me with the details.thanks again!!
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 12:59:47 AM »
thanks for coming and posting here nic,no worries about the email thing it seems
to happen a lot in these situations so I'm use to it.  :) MAJOR thanks for backing
those files up and getting them to me,I really wasn't expecting it but then again
I thought I'd be getting that same unit back but thats just my luck and like I said
in the last email this whole DAT>HDD switch has really been trial and error for me
but mostly error.  :yack:

I'd be interested to know exactly what was wrong with it if you don't mind emailing
me again,mojan didn't really induldge me with the details.thanks again!!

I too am a DIEHARD SS customer, and bought my 481's and DMIC20 and Audio Magic cables back in 1999, and then my V3, and then my 722 from them ;D 8)

Like an idiot, as soon as I got my 722 I put the stock 4600mah battery on the 722 and didnt know you had to depress the battery pin/s to get the battery free, so I RIPPED THE 4600mah battery in half, and then called Mojan and she told me to depress the battery sled button, and I did. BUT, Mojan felt bad for me and sent me a BRAND NEW 4600mah 722 battery FREE OF CHARGE, after fully knowing that my dumbass broke the first one ;) ;D 8) :spin:

• Dodgertown 90090
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »
well ups sucks balls,at least when they have a fill in driver.  >:(  my 722 was
delivered a half mile away at the electrolux vacuum shop then carried next door
to the CURVES and has been sitting for better than a week.

all is well now I suppose.even got my files.  :)
Positive vibration man.That's what makes it work.That's reggae music.You can't look away because it is real.You listen to what I sing because I mean what I sing,there's no secret,no big deal.,Just honesty,that's all."-Hon. Robert Nesta Marley 1977

• Dodgertown 90090
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 09:46:09 PM »
so #55 in the menu-meter:peak threshold where are you guys setting this(bean  :P )?
-4dbfs -6dbfs  ??? I got no intentions of "adding gain in post" I run that shits warm  ;D

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 12:00:17 PM »
well ups sucks balls,at least when they have a fill in driver. 

No, UPS just sucks balls.  It ain't pronounced OOPS for nuthin'.
#Generalstrike for president in 2024

Offline F.O.Bean

• Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 04:46:48 PM »
so #55 in the menu-meter:peak threshold where are you guys setting this(bean  :P )?
-4dbfs -6dbfs  ??? I got no intentions of "adding gain in post" I run that shits warm  ;D

I have mine set to -3db ;) But I'm telling you, don't clip the 7xx too bad. On OLDER firmware versions, if you clipped the 7xx, it would have a NASTY noise. At least thats what Ive been told. BUT, that issue has been fixed for awhile now. I would STILL run levels peaking at around -6db and add the +6db of gain in post :P ;)

Offline sparkey

• Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2009, 12:04:28 PM »
A couple questions: How much space does an hour of stereo wave take up at 24 bit/192KHZ?  Can 192K wavs be converted to FLAC?  And, what's the biggest CF card one can get these days? 

On that note, how much space does an hour of stereo wav take up at 24/44.1KHZ?

Josh
#Generalstrike for president in 2024

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2009, 12:22:36 PM »
A couple questions: How much space does an hour of stereo wave take up at 24 bit/192KHZ?  Can 192K wavs be converted to FLAC?  And, what's the biggest CF card one can get these days? 

On that note, how much space does an hour of stereo wav take up at 24/44.1KHZ?

Josh

Biggest CF card I know of is 32 GB.

24/96 is about 2GB for an hour of stereo - so 24/192 would be about 4GB
24/44.1 would be about 1GB

From the Nagra VI manual:-
A 4GB CF card will give (in stereo):-

6h 17m @ 16/44.1
5h 47m @ 16/48
2h 53m @ 16/96

4h 11m @ 24/44.1
3h 51m @ 24/48
1h 55m @ 24/96

Offline JackHenry

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 03:03:10 AM »
Sound Devices have a nice web based calculator here

http://www.sounddevices.com/calculator/index.html

Or do it manually like this (also from the SD website)

In the example below the data rate of a single 16-bit/48 kHz audio stream is computed in megabytes per minute. Division by 1,048,576 converts from bits to megabits. Division by 8 converts from megabits to megabytes; multiply by 60 converts seconds to minutes.

( ( ( 16 x 48000 ) / 1,048,576 ) / 8 ) x 60 = 5.49 MgB/min
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:05:53 AM by JackHenry »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.272 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com