Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: cd wave problems?  (Read 3985 times)

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (59)
  • Taperssection All-Star
cd wave problems?
« on: May 02, 2009, 10:56:39 AM »
can tracking a show w/ cd wave cause a pause between songs?  thought it was my burning program, but when i play a tracked show threw my pc from my files, there is a pause between songs.  the only thing i've done to the show at that point is to track it.  so, cd wave the problem?  thanks,  ed
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
Re: cd wave problems?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 11:10:38 AM »
what are you using for playback?  cd wave isn't doing it.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

dorrcoq

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:35:50 AM »

Offline ero3030

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 12:30:58 PM »
also getting a small " crack " w/ the pause.  wtf.  all i want is a cd w/o pauses between tracks.  am i that retarded? any help is appreciated.  ed

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 12:34:59 PM »
flac the files first.  this will fix any header errors etc.  be sure to check "align on sector boundarys"  use burrn to burn the flacs as audio.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 02:22:46 PM »
MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

ilduclo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 05:25:15 PM »
I've never had this problem with cdwav, it seems pretty well perfect for me from 3 pc's worth of use....ymmv

however---
from the help file on cdwav

"Recording produces occasional skips

There can be several causes for this. Let me name a few.
Most likely some problem in the soundcard driver. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your card. If you have a Creative card like the soundblaster 16 or any of the AWE series, use Microsoft's built-in drivers. They're better than the ones Creative supplies. If this doesn't help, go to File, Preferences and set the slider labeled "Recording Mode" to the middle position. This solves the problem for some of the driver compatibility problems. You're getting buffer overruns. The help file explains what this is, and how you can solve it "

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:41:59 PM »
can tracking a show w/ cd wave cause a pause between songs?  thought it was my burning program, but when i play a tracked show threw my pc from my files, there is a pause between songs.  the only thing i've done to the show at that point is to track it.  so, cd wave the problem?  thanks,  ed

also getting a small " crack " w/ the pause.  wtf.  all i want is a cd w/o pauses between tracks.  am i that retarded? any help is appreciated.  ed

someone's already asked, but I do not see it answered yet. What program are you using to play the files? I use Winamp myself for my multimedia player, and that program does NOT play files seemlessly, meaning every song has a small little blip before the next song starts. That's normal with Winamp (or at least the version I have) and I have never burned a disc of those same files that has the same anomalies on that burned disc (and I've been using CDWAV for close to 5 years now)

Offline rsimms3

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 08:43:06 AM »
I have never had an issue with CDWav, definately sounds like a playback issue.  In terms of playback without gaps, Foobar is really good and will play any audio format either out of the box or with a couple plugins.
FOR SALE - Check HERE

Offline ero3030

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 03:21:44 PM »
thanks to all for the help!  started to burn w/ nero, and seems to work great.  tried 3 diff. burn programs, and they all gave me pauses between tracks :P very frustrating.  ed

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 01:51:46 AM »
thanks to all for the help!  started to burn w/ nero, and seems to work great.  tried 3 diff. burn programs, and they all gave me pauses between tracks :P very frustrating.  ed

Uncheck the "add pause between tracks" option.   ;o)
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 02:22:09 PM »
I have never had an issue with CDWav, definately sounds like a playback issue.  In terms of playback without gaps, Foobar is really good and will play any audio format either out of the box or with a couple plugins.
Seconded.
You can also burn discs with foobar.
MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

Offline ero3030

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2009, 06:17:40 PM »

Uncheck the "add pause between tracks" option.   ;o)

i was checking " burn in one track " but the programs were still adding the pauses.  dont know what the problem was, but Nero is working.  ed

Offline GroundHog420

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Sonic Archives
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 01:42:28 PM »
Yep, I've noticed issues when I've used WinAmp in the past, and switched over to MacAmpLite, which is a pretty full-featured playback app, even though it is no longer being supported (meaning no new plug-ins, etc).
It runs on both Mac and PC, and I think this is a great little playback app, it just isn't being supported anymore, due to the general public's overwhelming interest in things like iTunes (which is funny, because iTunes DOES NOT support either .flac or .shn format. There are hacks around to make iTunes play .flac files, but then that violates the license agreement, and voids any support for iPods, iPhones, etc.
It can still be downloaded from either of these sites:
http://www.arcticlounge.com/maltx/index.php
http://www.macamplite.com/
Even though it's no longer supported, the page link above has app and plug-in registration codes that will keep it going forever (more or less, I suppose).
It's pretty versatile - you can load a whole bunch of files in it, and play them as a set, or mix and match from different filesets.
The plug-ins include EQ, and a bunch of other useful features.
I really think it's too bad this app didn't make it bigger.

someone's already asked, but I do not see it answered yet. What program are you using to play the files? I use Winamp myself for my multimedia player, and that program does NOT play files seemlessly, meaning every song has a small little blip before the next song starts. That's normal with Winamp (or at least the version I have) and I have never burned a disc of those same files that has the same anomalies on that burned disc (and I've been using CDWAV for close to 5 years now)
Hey man, that common sense shit won't fly around here, we're from Portland, we're edgy & different or something  ???
she kept playing with the balls for around 2 years after i thought i had seen it all from them.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.147 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com