Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HD-P2 owners: anyone encounter these errors?  (Read 3517 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
HD-P2 owners: anyone encounter these errors?
« on: May 09, 2007, 02:59:34 PM »
Just got my new (to me) HD-P2 and am toying around with the menu structure, project settings, etc.  Encountered two different problems, one of them twice.  I haven't nailed down the specific steps that cause the problems (if either is even repeatable through specific actions).  Both issues happened when creating / deleting / editing a project, project template, or project's settings.

Anyone else encounter either of these problems?

<01>  Encountered twice:

"System Error...press SELECT to shutdown

Application HDP2_Board.EXE has performed"

<02>  Encountered once:  complete system power-off.  Batteries have plenty of juice, system just powered off completely.

System / scenario details:

Serial # 0110132
Firmware:  1.04
Bootloader:  BL2
CF cards:  Kingston Elite Pro 8GB 45x, PQI Hi-Speed 100 8GB
HD-P2 not hooked up to computer
Battery voltage: 10.38 (AA rechargeable internals)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline jackmf

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: HD-P2 owners: anyone encounter these errors?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 05:04:24 PM »
Never anything like that over the year and a half I've owned it. Although, up until last week it was stock and running 4 gig cards, so maybe that has something to do with it not having errors.
Busman Audio BSC1>Busman HD-P2 (for sale) or PMD661

Offline JasonSobel

• Trade Count: (8)
    • My show list
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 06:35:16 PM »
yeah, I've had mine for just over a year now.  I've never experienced those specific problems, nor any others with the unit.
I've used several Sandisk Ultra II cards, as well as the same PQI 8Gb card that you have.
I am also in the habit of never erasing files or deleting projects.  when I want to start fresh, I just format the card.  I've got the default template for 24/96 with S/PDIF for the input and clock source.  but I also use the deck to transfer a lot of decks.  so I often am switching settings around in the "project settings" menu area.  I've also never used the internal AA's batteries.  maybe a loose connection somewhere in there (in regards to the complete shutdown).  but that's just a guess.  I know several other folks almost exclusively use AA's to power and I haven't seen any reports of complete power-downs.

I'd get in touch with Tascam and see what they say.  maybe there's a way to reload the firmware  ???  really just throwing out ideas here.  let us know if/when/how it gets resolved.
good luck.

Offline gusbud1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »
Strange, never had an issue such as this either.  If it's new, maybe its bad  box ??? where did you get it from?
eathworks sr78(L)>rode nt2a (c-omni)>earthworks sr78(R)>sound devices 302>apogee minime 24/96khz s/pidf>tascam hd-p2

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 02:08:10 AM »
I too have had mine about 1 year and never had an issue period, certainly one like that.....
Sure just when I stated in another thread there were never any issues with the HDp2 someone comes up with one.  When am I going to learn to keep my mouth shut...

Good luck figuring it out, report back when you know something...
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 02:20:41 AM »
Strange, never had an issue such as this either.  If it's new, maybe its bad  box ??? where did you get it from?

I bought my Oade ACM HD-P2 used from a fellow TSer.  At the moment I'm chalking up the power drop to AA rechargeables not quite fitting perfectly in the battery bay (wouldn't surprise me, I've had other gear with similar issues, and I don't plan to run internal AAs ever, anyway), and the other issue to a fluke.  No matter what I've tried so far, I haven't been able to reproduce the error.  Go figure.  That sure makes it tough to nail down.

Still waiting to hear back from Tascam.  Their recent response to my query for DC-plug specs (inner / outer diameter, length) is far from encouraging:  basically, "we don't have that information".  I called BS, politely, and am awaiting their second response.  Will update everyone when I know more - both on the DC power specs and the issue(s) here.  Stand by...
Roland R-05

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 12:48:38 PM »
Still waiting to hear back from Tascam.  Their recent response to my query for DC-plug specs (inner / outer diameter, length) is far from encouraging:  basically, "we don't have that information".  I called BS, politely, and am awaiting their second response.  Will update everyone when I know more - both on the DC power specs and the issue(s) here.  Stand by...

I tried to get the same info from tascam about 1 year ago and I was told the tip is product specific and not available in the public market ie: ratshack.  I know individuals have discovered tips that work.  Check this thread out for specifics:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=83146.0;all

peace John
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2007, 01:42:22 PM »
I tried to get the same info from tascam about 1 year ago and I was told the tip is product specific and not available in the public market ie: ratshack.  I know individuals have discovered tips that work.  Check this thread out for specifics:

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=83146.0;all

Thanks, John, I found that thread while searching TS for the same info.  I've tried an "M" tip and, while it works, it doesn't seem to quite fit properly (could just be my imagination, though).  It probably will work just fine based on feedback from fellow P2 owners, but I'm curious to know the actual specs so I may try another option that may give me better peace of mind.  Hence my question to Tascam.  Based on your experience, I doubt they'll share the info.  In response to my email, they indicated the information simply was not available.  I pressed them a bit harder for the specs in my response:  surely, the specs exist, else Tascam couldn't have sourced the plug in the first place.  I suspect I'll get a continued runaround, but...we'll see.
Roland R-05

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 07:49:10 PM »
I've never encountered that error and I've deleted in the unit and used reformatting never a problem.  I fact I love my P2.  As far as the tips go, the original seems to have some sort of spring loading type of tension in the tip.  If you look close you see something on the inside of the plug.  I was just messing around with tips today.  What I found was an old panasonic phone power supply that seems to fit even better than the original.  From what I see, compared to a bunch of misc power supplies I have laying around, that Tascam has used a smaller diameter post in the center of the unit than is normally used with outside diameters that large.  I have not tried the tip yet though.  I'm working on setting it up with external battery, I'll let ya know how it pans out, Kirk
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 07:53:26 PM by kirkd »

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 07:53:49 PM »
thats a bummer Brian, I hope everything works out bud :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com