Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Apogee Mini Me  (Read 18235 times)

stirinthesauce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Apogee Mini Me
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 09:49:13 PM »

I guess the   Initial RB-270 Universal Rechargeable (9v - 5400mAh) I use for the UA-5 will work (of course with the correct polarity)

yup.  I decided I wanted a nice custom power cable, ed (deadheaded of kindkables) hooked me up with a real nice one cheap.  I made one from RatShack parts that works, it's my backup.

Offline dointhatrag

• Taperssection Regular
    • my band
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2007, 11:45:40 AM »
did someone say mini me's are fragile?

you gotta be kidding me, I have had mine for 8 years and it gets thrown around everywhere, its covered in scratches but works as good as the day I got it.

Go Apogee !!!
Schoeps + Neumann + DPA - Sonosax PR - Apogee Mini Me - 24/96

Offline gusbud1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 12:33:37 PM »
did someone say mini me's are fragile?

you gotta be kidding me, I have had mine for 8 years and it gets thrown around everywhere, its covered in scratches but works as good as the day I got it.

Go Apogee !!!

Agreed!!
eathworks sr78(L)>rode nt2a (c-omni)>earthworks sr78(R)>sound devices 302>apogee minime 24/96khz s/pidf>tascam hd-p2

Offline silentmark

• Shine with or without cherries ?
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Boat, cucumber, wire ...
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 01:22:16 PM »
Can't wait for my new play toy to arrive next week sometime  8)
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Mics: Neumann AK50/AK40/AK30/AK20(1 for M/S), AKG568eb's (gathering dust)
Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3qrWOOposQ

Offline silentmark

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 01:25:32 PM »
yup, I run mine on one of those 9v Lion wallyworld batts.  Super slim, lightweight, and I get PLENTY of time on one. 

Think I've finally found a solution for the long ass mini me odd size.  Thanks to a tip by brianp, I'm using the accessory pouch on my sonicase.  Been through numerous bags trying to find one I like with this sucker.

What kind of run time are you getting out of that 9v lion ?

Any pictures of that sonic case setup ? I know once my minime arrives I will have some re arranging to do and any suggestions would be great ...
Dissent is the highest form of patriotism. - Howard Zinn, not Thomas Jefferson ...

Decks: R-44 (OCM), Fostex FR2LE (OWM), Microtacker (semi-retired), D8 (retired), D7 (retired)
Pre-amps: Apogee Minime (semi-retired), Sonosax SX-M2 (semi-retired), Oade mod SBM-1 (retired)
Cables: LC3 actives (older lemo style x2), Audio Magic Hyper Conductor interconnects

stirinthesauce

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 06:39:24 PM »
yup, I run mine on one of those 9v Lion wallyworld batts.  Super slim, lightweight, and I get PLENTY of time on one. 

Think I've finally found a solution for the long ass mini me odd size.  Thanks to a tip by brianp, I'm using the accessory pouch on my sonicase.  Been through numerous bags trying to find one I like with this sucker.

What kind of run time are you getting out of that 9v lion ?

Any pictures of that sonic case setup ? I know once my minime arrives I will have some re arranging to do and any suggestions would be great ...

Haven't tested the length but I did notice less of a drain (via checking the led's after the show) on the 9v then either of the two modded ua-5's I used to run.  And contrary to the ad1000's, it doesn't get hot.  Runs cool and on little juice.  I suspect an easy 5-6hr or more on a 9v.  I've run 2 opening acts and headliner with plenty of juice to spare.

As for my setup, well, haven't taken any pictures as of yet.  But anyways, the minime in the accessory pouch is working great.  The front zippers hold power cable and two 9v lithiums and I can even slide my MT in there when it is opened.  Leaves PLENTY of room for everything else in the 2 shelf main pouch.

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
    • the wendy hour
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2007, 08:49:05 AM »
contemplating eliminating the sxm2 for a field test of just mg210>mini me for an upcoming show...anyone run this rig?
cr

stirinthesauce

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2007, 09:53:58 AM »
contemplating eliminating the sxm2 for a field test of just mg210>mini me for an upcoming show...anyone run this rig?
cr

I run beyer mc930>mini me a good bit.  The beyers are very similar sonically to the gefells.  I'm really happy with the results.  Give it a shot, you may find you like it (or not).   :)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I thought I heard.......
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2007, 07:47:45 AM »
IMO....
the Mme works like no other box...but that synergy is with the right mics!!!
I LOVE it w/any and all Hyper-cards.  If you tape w/those a lot, the the MME is right up your alley.

I like it with AKGs  LOVE it w/the neumann km150.
all sorts of great features w/its "push it" settings and various other ways to manage the signal.  Powering it is easy, I believe anything from 6-12v will work.  Drain is not huge..so a 4amp battery should be sufficient for run of the mill recording.

Offline silentmark

« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2007, 11:48:05 AM »
Have you run it with the 140's ? 130's ?

I've heard a couple of 150 recordings and I agree, sounds nice and I am not a fan of the 150 caps at all ...

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
    • the wendy hour
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2007, 01:09:02 PM »
IMO....
the Mme works like no other box...but that synergy is with the right mics!!!
I LOVE it w/any and all Hyper-cards.  If you tape w/those a lot, the the MME is right up your alley.

I like it with AKGs  LOVE it w/the neumann km150.
all sorts of great features w/its "push it" settings and various other ways to manage the signal.  Powering it is easy, I believe anything from 6-12v will work.  Drain is not huge..so a 4amp battery should be sufficient for run of the mill recording.

sounds like you talked me into taking that sax out of the chain next time out....210>mme may be the shizzle in the right situation...too bad the next show is at the blind pig   :P

Offline danlynch

• Trade Count: (16)
    • nyctaper
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2007, 02:56:56 PM »
Have you run it with the 140's ? 130's ?

I've heard a couple of 150 recordings and I agree, sounds nice and I am not a fan of the 150 caps at all ...

Have you heard this one?

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,84895.0.html
Founder and Host of NYCTaper:  http://www.nyctaper.com

Microphones:  Schoeps CCM4Us, Sennheiser MKH-8040s, Neumann KM-150s, Neumann TLM-102s, DPA 4061s
Recorders:  Sound Devices 744t, Edirol R-44 (Oade Concert Mod), Edirol R-05
Pre-Amps, D/A's:  Apogee Mini-Me

My Recordings on Archive.org: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/danlynch

Offline silentmark

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2007, 03:49:14 PM »
Yuppers, quite nice.

I also heard a Zappa Plays Zappa show from 10/31/06, which also sounds quite nice.

Hmmmmm maybe I should get a set of hypers again, lol ...

Offline danlynch

• Trade Count: (16)
    • nyctaper
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »
Yuppers, quite nice.

I also heard a Zappa Plays Zappa show from 10/31/06, which also sounds quite nice.

Hmmmmm maybe I should get a set of hypers again, lol ...

That ZPZ is my recording, too:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=119665
Founder and Host of NYCTaper:  http://www.nyctaper.com

Microphones:  Schoeps CCM4Us, Sennheiser MKH-8040s, Neumann KM-150s, Neumann TLM-102s, DPA 4061s
Recorders:  Sound Devices 744t, Edirol R-44 (Oade Concert Mod), Edirol R-05
Pre-Amps, D/A's:  Apogee Mini-Me

My Recordings on Archive.org: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/danlynch

Offline silentmark

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2007, 04:25:09 PM »
+T  ;D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.241 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com