Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: aeta 6 track recorder  (Read 81317 times)

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: aeta 6 track recorder
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 03:52:28 PM »
Right but the way it reads it seems like you have to pick one or the other?  Regular shotgun or shotgun with supercmit added to it, but only one or the other not two channels of signal but a choice of channel one or two.

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 09:35:34 AM »
I'm still waiting for high end-ish 4-channel recorder with four XLR inputs/pres (but something not so plasticy as the R4/44).

Nagra VI;D

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 09:37:45 AM »
I am pretty sure you can have stereo AES42 connectors as well (i,e, 1 stereo mic off one 3pin XLR connector - ie Schoeps SuperCMIT)

Yes you can - the Sennheiser MZD 8000 is stereo and I run an ORTF pair of MKH 8040 into mt Nagra VI this way.

Offline John Willett

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 09:40:42 AM »
Isn't the Schoeps SuperCMIT cited a shotgun mic with a choice of two outputs not a stereo mic.  It's either shotgun OR superCMIT output but not both.  And even then would require digital phantom power which then means a three conductor type of connector, so only one channel per digital mic input. So the Aeta is a four track unit which can ONLY accept line input AND digital mic input. 

http://www.recording-microphone.com/digital-microphones.php
http://digital.schoeps.de/en/products/supercmit/application

The Super CMIT uses two AES42 channels which output from a single XLR-3.

Both channels go into the AES42 input via a single XLR - or, by using the Schoeps or Neumann adaptor into a single AES3 input.

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »
Nagra VI;D

Yeah, in my dreams...  :P

That's (quite) a bit out of my budget, I'm thinking more along the lines of a 744 with 4 pres or a future 766 box with Nagra VI input specs.  I do love the VI though, it looks incredible.

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 09:47:04 AM »
To reply to the questions about the Schoeps "SuperCMIT": It is a single-channel shotgun microphone with digital processing built in. It has a two-channel AES42 output, but the two channels are not stereo; one is the unprocessed (but digitized) output of the shotgun microphone itself (same characteristics as the Schoeps CMIT 5), while the other is the output of the shotgun PLUS the built-in digital signal processing.

The digital signal processing takes into account an auxiliary signal from a second, backward-facing capsule built into the microphone. This allows the processor to narrow the "beam" even further and to extend the narrow pickup zone down to low frequencies--something which no other shotgun microphone has, or has ever had before.

AES42 outputs are basically AES3 outputs that require digital phantom powering, and that allow for control and information signals to be passed either way between the microphone and the input or interface to which it is connected.

--best regards
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 09:48:53 AM by DSatz »
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Offline oleg

• Taperssection Member
  • I'm a proud Jew
    • you can find me here
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 01:18:24 PM »
Nagra VI;D

Yeah, in my dreams...  :P

That's (quite) a bit out of my budget, I'm thinking more along the lines of a 744 with 4 pres or a future 766 box with Nagra VI input specs.  I do love the VI though, it looks incredible.

nagra is one overpriced recorder to its limited features , doesn't worth the money with what the competition has around
 nothing to be sorry about
oleg kaizerman(gebe)hollyland
kaizeroaudio-rentals -sound for film/tv sales

schoepses, gefells, sankens, sennheisers....all kind of shit ....ends with deva 16  fusion ,zfr,788, 744, hhb
http://groups.google.com/group/sellbuyexchange-film-videoaudiogear

Offline duch

• Taperssection Newbie
  • dammit !
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 10:24:49 AM »
Some quick and fresh news from SATIS :

http://www.aeta-audio.com/files/pdf_fr/4Minx_data_sheet_web.pdf

As said in the pdf it will be either sold as a mixer alone, a mixer + stereo mixdown recording or a mixer + four tracks recording + stereo mixdown recording.

Price should be around 4200 € without taxes for a full option 4minx (TC, 4+2 recording, etc).

Pre and limiters are slightly improved versions of those found on the Mixy (less noise at low levels).

I handled it for a few minutes, and it's really incredibly lightweight.

Offline H₂O

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2010, 10:36:09 AM »
Looks nice - 4 analog inputs, 6 digital inputs w/ 2 AES 42.

A little bigger than I was expecting.

@ 4200 Euros though I would expect this to be in the $6000 range here in the States

$6000 range puts it in direct comp with the 788T - that would make it a hard sell here.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:42:00 AM by H²O »
Music can at the least least explain you and at the most expand you
LMA Recordings

List

Offline duch

• Taperssection Newbie
  • dammit !
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2010, 10:52:05 AM »
Yep, I don't know what Aeta are expecting for the US market, but it looks a bit expensive from your side of the Atlantic  :-\

Offline su6oxone

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2010, 10:59:48 AM »
It looks interesting.  The metal (aluminum I guess) body looks kind of reminiscent of the SD recorders, and it even looks like it has a similar battery compartment cut-out, but with a less attractive and rather plasticky face plate design/interface.  A bit thick (compared to the 788T and Nagra VI) also.  For ~$4K I might consider it if it sounds good and isn't too bulky in real life.

Edit: saw on the pdf that it does indeed also use Sony L-series (and presumably M-series also) lithium batteries.  With a 6600mAh NPF-970 it is supposed to run 6 hours.  The nice thing is that the battery slot is so deep that probably the whole battery would fit without sticking out, ala the 7-series recorders.