Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sharp Aquos HDTV Info  (Read 20489 times)

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Photographer:Jim Marshall - Jerry @ Woodstock
Sharp Aquos HDTV Info
« on: June 16, 2008, 10:13:10 PM »
I was thinking about getting a 46" HDTV I was looking at the Sharp Aquos. Dose any one have one or any info on them.

-Brian
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

coming soon Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives

Show I taped on archive.org http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/deadhead6216

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Sharp Aquos HDTV Info
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »
i looked at them
the sony and samsung have better pictures i think but the savings for the sharp was big and compaired to the difference in picture
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline StuStu

• Trade Count: (40)
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 09:27:23 PM »
I'm quite happy with my 37" Aquos. For LCD, I think the Aquos is a great pick. (Though I do still prefer my plasma)
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 03:43:41 PM »
I have an Aquos as well. I have had it for over a year now. I use i for HDTV and as my computer monitor.

It has been solid so far
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 03:53:46 PM »
That is cool to hear I have a lot of shit about them and not good shit. As far as the sound and that the picture is not so clear. The last tv I picked up was in 93 and it was a sharp it is still play like new. I think after all this time I need a new one.

-Brian
MBHO KA200 N / KA500 HN > Hi Ho Custom Silver Actives > MBHO 603 A > Van Den Hul The Second >  SD722

"We're the first generation that's really capable of saving this music forever. Now is the time because we finally have the digital technology that allows us to preserve it indefinitely. It's also the critical time to do this because the older recordings are really deteriorating. It's an opportunity and it's also a serious responsibility, future generations will hold us responsible for what we do or do not do as far as preserving th

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 05:27:14 PM »
FWIW, I'm very happy with my 37" Aquos.  I watch at 720p, as I prefer it to 1080i in my environment.  Note, however that I'm not a huge video-geek.  I appreciate HD, quality images, etc., but am not a significant tweaker with my video playback gear.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline StuStu

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 08:00:07 PM »
FWIW, I'm very happy with my 37" Aquos.  I watch at 720p, as I prefer it to 1080i in my environment.  Note, however that I'm not a huge video-geek.  I appreciate HD, quality images, etc., but am not a significant tweaker with my video playback gear.

Brian,

Just curious as to why the 720p preference over 1080? Thanks.

Stu
MK5, MK8, MK41, KM184D, CK77, B3 ---CMD 2U XT, KC5, KCY, AKI---KCY Tinybox, Ugly BB---AETA 4MinX, PMD661 MKII, R-26, M-10, MR-1

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 10:51:58 PM »
I have a Sharp AQUOS 20V 720 (not true HD) Hi-Vision,  It smokes anything I have seen from SONY, Toshiba or Victor (JVC).  I am limited by space and that is why I chose a smaller TV.  Everything is in HD in Japan.  No more analog either!  HD is a bit revealing....like the pores on the newscaster's faces are all too evident!

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2008, 04:13:01 PM »
Just curious what tv's do you all have ?

-Brian

Offline Sanjay

• www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 09:57:30 AM »
Along the same lines.

These two Aquos are on sale, is the $100 difference between the two worth paying, and is this a decent deal in most of your minds?

http://www.buy.com/prod/Sharp-AQUOS-LC32D62U-32-1080P-LCD-HDTV-10-000-1-Dynamic-Contrast-Ratio/q/loc/14982/208295075.html

and

http://www.buy.com/prod/Sharp-Aquos-32-LCD-HDTV-LC-C3234U-1080i-HDMI-Factory-Refurbished/q/loc/111/208295073.html
mics & cameras

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
Re: Sharp Aquos HDTV Info (update)
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 12:27:27 PM »
Hey Sanjay thanks for the links but a 32 is a bit small for the room that I am going to put the tv in. That is why I was thinking about going 42 or 46.

update : Or do you think I should pick up a 50" Panasonic VIERA Plasma ? The 2 set are not that much more then the other and thanks so far for all the help.

-Brian

Offline Sanjay

• www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2008, 04:06:27 PM »
Hey Sanjay thanks for the links but a 32 is a bit small for the room that I am going to put the tv in. That is why I was thinking about going 42 or 46.

Sorry must not have read right.

I might buy one for myself now that I think about it.  Anyone know if there is a good reason I should get one or the other?
mics & cameras

Offline StuStu

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2008, 05:57:51 PM »

update : Or do you think I should pick up a 50" Panasonic VIERA Plasma ? The 2 set are not that much more then the other and thanks so far for all the help.

-Brian

I'd definitely opt for the Panasonic plasma. The plasma's picture is superior over lcd IMO and Panasonics are highly regarded while staying reasonably priced.   

Offline bhadella

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Toiling away the day...
    • http://db.etree.org/bhadella1
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2008, 06:07:21 PM »

-Brian

I'd definitely opt for the Panasonic plasma. The plasma's picture is superior over lcd IMO and Panasonics are highly regarded while staying reasonably priced.   

I have a 42" Panny plasma and couldn't be happier with it.    ;D
"Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter. "

Offline bl6216@yahoo.com

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2008, 08:51:11 PM »

Sorry must not have read right.

I might buy one for myself now that I think about it.  Anyone know if there is a good reason I should get one or the other?

That is ok thanks for the info any way it might help some one other then me.

-Brian

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com