Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: BT seeding help  (Read 1112 times)

Offline macroint

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • Jeff's List
BT seeding help
« on: January 18, 2005, 07:30:01 PM »

[3] Seeding

[1] Fire up the .torrent on your local PC (I use
ABC) - the BT client should run through a quick check of your files and then start seeding.

[2] Confirm on the STG Tracker, BT.ETree.org Tracker, or the BT.EasyTree.org User CP/tracker page that your upload registered and the seed shows up in the listing.[/list]

I think I'm at this stage...I made the torrent: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=10802

But can't figure out how I'm supposed to start seeding. The client I'm using is Azureus, but when I click the torrent it doesn't appear to do any checking and just sits there.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 07:34:15 PM by Brian Skalinder »
Peluso CEMC6>PS-2>AD-20>NJB3

SUPPORT LOCAL MUSIC
http://baltimore-taper.blogspot.com

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: BT seeding help
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 07:37:46 PM »
I haven't used Azureus in a while, but when you open the .torrent file, Azureus should either [1] ask you where you want to store the files, or [2] store them in a default location.  Make sure you select the appropriate target directory so Azureus knows you're a seeder instead of leecher.

If you specify the target directory for the .torrent file as different from the actual location of those files, Azureus will think you're a leecher, not a seeder.  In other words:  your target directory should be either the directory in which your current FLAC / SHN files reside for the .torrent, OR the parent directory.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.034 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com