Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audiophile 2496 - Windows 7 no sound or signal  (Read 1906 times)

Offline emalvido

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Audiophile 2496 - Windows 7 no sound or signal
« on: October 21, 2014, 11:27:21 PM »
So, In the past I used to transfer my tapings, DAT and MD via TOSLINK to PC, I had Windows XP, and a Midiman CO3
Audio out is pulled to my Stereo via  Toslink on the OUT of the CO3
The chain was someting like this:
TOSLINK>MIDIMAN CO3>Audiophile 24/96>Windows XP>Soundforge
So these days wanted to finish my MD transfers, I upgraded a few moths ago my PC to Windows 7 and now I cannot pull audio, neither is the M-Audio Control Panel, that I used to play with,  neither are levels wheb recording, signal on soundforge or Audacity programs, I have explored settings and I dont find the solution. :(
On the CO3 if I select TOSlink sound cand be heard from the conected Minidisc deck. - No signal on Soundforge, Audacity
On the CO3 if I select S/PDIF sound can be heard from internal PC music (hard disc with audio files, youtube etc...)
Any help appreciated  ???
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:30:46 PM by emalvido »

Offline anr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Audiophile 2496 - Windows 7 no sound or signal
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 01:18:04 PM »
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\M-Audio\deltaiicpl\WindowLayout

This is the folder in Registry to go to if Control Panel disappears.  I just have this as a note.  Presumably you change a value from 0 to 1, or vice versa.  I'm not going to fiddle with my PC at the moment.  Your folder may say "audiophilecpl" or similar.  (My card is the DIO2496).  But what you describe is a well known problem.  The device is old and Midiman didn't keep the drivers up to date themselves. 

Offline anr

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Audiophile 2496 - Windows 7 no sound or signal
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 01:21:53 PM »
Sorry, one other thing.  If you are using it to route audio in to record via an optical cable, then in Control Panel go to Hardware tab, and click "select spdif optical" off, then on again.  Even though you can "save" this setting you have to set it each time.  For example, I have playback and record presets.  the playback one works fine, the record needs this toggling.  This glitch appeared in the Windows 7 driver.   

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.049 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com