Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Case for the JB3  (Read 3501 times)

Offline jctibbitts

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Support Michigan Music: Bumpgroove.com
    • BUMP
Case for the JB3
« on: November 12, 2003, 11:10:17 AM »
just bought a JB3 to record my band and looking to by a padded box/case for the unit...

online sites?

i am going to get a UA-5 soon too and need a case for that as well.

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Case for the JB3
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 11:18:44 AM »
You might want to get one bag to carry everything. I got A small padded camera bag when i first started.

Do you have mics. Or are you recording from SBD?

TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline jctibbitts

• Taperssection Regular
    • BUMP
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 11:21:45 AM »
depends...i have a Rode NT4 with a nice padded box for shows where we don't run everything thru the soundboard.  

so i guess i would like a nice padded box the i could cut/make spots for both the jb3 and ua5

i have a little padded pouch now for the jb3,but when i get the ua5 i'd like to make sure that nothing happens to each

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 11:29:06 AM »
It just depends on what you want to spend. You can get a pelican case with the pick & pluck foam

http://www.all-pelican-cases-4-less.com/index.html

Or if your looking to spend less just pick up a camera bag with padded dividers.
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

Offline jctibbitts

• Taperssection Regular
    • BUMP
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 11:44:28 AM »
thanks...  got a good site for camera bags?  i guess i can shop around at retail outlets

Offline Joe w.

• esniper
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Turn JB Up
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 12:50:26 PM »
http://www.photococan.com

may get better deals through the photococan store on ebay.
2016 National Champions
five generations with an unlocked door and a loaded burglar alarm

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 01:03:05 PM »
NT4 > UA-5 > NJB3 is a nice sounding setup for the money... it is what I am running....

Have you tried to hook the NT4 up directly to the NJB3 yet?  You will need to get an adapter if you are using the cord that came with the NT4 - the casing around the plug is too large... won't plug all the way in...

~AP

Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2003, 01:28:05 PM »
NT4 > UA-5 > NJB3 is a nice sounding setup for the money... it is what I am running....Have you tried to hook the NT4 up directly to the NJB3 yet?  You will need to get an adapter if you are using the cord that came with the NT4 - the casing around the plug is too large... won't plug all the way in...

Quoting myself - just noticed you are from Detroit... so I figured I would tell you that I found this unfortunate mishap at the Lager House the other evening when I was there to do some recording of the Constantines...

Anyways - since I have the same setup as you, and I am looking for a bag as well, will you let me know what you find? I am going to go looking soon too - I will let you know what I find.  Also, make sure you take into account space for battery(ies) for powering the UA-5 in whatever bag you find... the batteries I have are rather big...  these are the ones I have for the pre...

http://www.batteryspace.com/product.asp?3=49

And one further comment - the Warm mod on the UA-5 is awesome.  Can't speak to the presence mod, or no mods, but the warm mod is great.

Peace-
~AP
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline jctibbitts

• Taperssection Regular
    • BUMP
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 01:49:43 PM »
yeah i am getting the wmod on the ua5.  a couple weeks away from buying it.

i haven't used the nt4 right into the jb3 yet (just got the jb3).  we were doing the nt4 > preamps>eq>compressor>denon cd burner (sometimes MD).  terrible source i know, that's why i decided to switch to jb3.  i have only recorded one show, it was our show in chicago last week thru the soundboard.  sounded great, but will sound much better with the UA5.

how's the lager house?  i have never been there.  you should check us out (www.bumpgroove.com) Bump.  we are playing with the brother's groove at the majestic on 11/26/03.  i'll be sporting the SBD > UA5>JB3 there.  i eventually what to get into matrixing, but one step at a time

you didn't happen to tape primus or ween the other night did you?

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 01:57:34 PM »
yeah i am getting the wmod on the ua5.  a couple weeks away from buying it.

i haven't used the nt4 right into the jb3 yet (just got the jb3).  we were doing the nt4 > preamps>eq>compressor>denon cd burner (sometimes MD).  terrible source i know, that's why i decided to switch to jb3.  i have only recorded one show, it was our show in chicago last week thru the soundboard.  sounded great, but will sound much better with the UA5.

how's the lager house?  i have never been there.  you should check us out (www.bumpgroove.com) Bump.  we are playing with the brother's groove at the majestic on 11/26/03.  i'll be sporting the SBD > UA5>JB3 there.  i eventually what to get into matrixing, but one step at a time

you didn't happen to tape primus or ween the other night did you?

The Lager is OK... it's a dive.  Depends on the kind of music you like, I suppose.  They play a lot of Garage and Punk stuff there... but it's a hole... but it's cool 'cause a lot of bands that I like go there.

I took my rig to the Primus show, but I didn't bring it in when I saw that the line was all the way from the doors of the State to where the people mover crosses woodward... we got there right as the door opened too..
but, I just downloaded it from bit torrent - haven't listened to it yet though... but I am sure it is awesome.  Didn't go to Ween, unfortunately... too many nights in Detroit (if there is such a thing...  I am living in Whitmore Lake now...)

~AP

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 05:08:02 PM »
I bought a CD hard case carrier/notebook/thingie at Best BUy, ripped out all the CDR sleeves (for later use) and wrap my NJ3 is a small towel...  

It was a quick $15 solution...  I also bought a leather skin for my NJ3...  I recommend this - although it will require surgery to remove the belt clip (annoying)

I bought a DVD player bag from BB to carry all my crap in...  Works great...  Improvise, adapt...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com