Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Transparent, but warmth when you need it.  (Read 2374 times)

Offline bagtagsell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
Transparent, but warmth when you need it.
« on: January 28, 2005, 09:37:26 PM »
Runnin V2>MME right now.  I like it b/c I can get warmth and transparency.  Depending on room I can alter which is dominant in mix.
I was thinking about  a v3.  Dig the transparency, but if I needed warmth could I throw my mp2 infront, or would the modsbm work better behind it?  Just enjoying my slutiness
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

Offline eric.B

• to the side qualified
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Transparent, but warmth when you need it.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 09:42:09 PM »
happy 420!  I wont +t ya.. 

I would just buy every piece of portable gear available and get it over with..     ;D

edit: oyeah.. that was posts not t's   :-[
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 10:00:50 PM by webericb »
We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork.  ~Milton Friedman

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2005, 09:45:43 PM »
sell the mp2 and put the money into your playback :)
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 07:46:15 AM »
the mp2 has a much different sound thant he V2....it definitely throws that "warm blankt" over the sound as some here have described it...the Mod SBM1 has a similar effect, but not to the level of the MP2....now if you want some really dark and punchy recordings, the MP2 and MOd SBM1 combo is fantastic!

To your original question, I still have my MP2/Mod SBM1 and a V3, mainly for stealthing, but also because I intended some nights to run those either with the V3 or without the V3, but in running without the V3, I would lose the incredible detail that I am getting with it right now...a significant step up from the MP2/MOd SBM1...but due to that detail sometimes you hear the "echo effect" of a venue better than you did while you were there...which can be frustrating...my next test is to run the V3 as a pre and the mod sbm as the A/D for a set 1 vs 2 type thing to see the effect...

rambling email, hope it is somewhat helpful :P

Offline bagtagsell

• Taperssection All-Star
  • Man is condemned to be free- Sartre
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 01:45:21 PM »
cool nick, thats exactly what I wanted to hear.  I don't have a v3 to play around with, but if you do I woul love to hear some A/B.
MG200/210>m148>v3>MT2496

*aspiring gear slut of the month year*
"I am the gear slut goo goo g’joob g’goo goo g’joob"

marc0789

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2005, 10:48:30 AM »
Runnin V2>MME right now.  I like it b/c I can get warmth and transparency.  Depending on room I can alter which is dominant in mix.
I was thinking about  a v3.  Dig the transparency, but if I needed warmth could I throw my mp2 infront, or would the modsbm work better behind it?  Just enjoying my slutiness

v2>mme awesome. warmer than v3, but plenty of detail. v2>mod sbm1, not as transparent, and maybe a bit more warmth than you'd like. I definitely give up some detail running m148>modsbm1, but not a ton.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com