Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone know this battery?  (Read 8470 times)

Offline Big Perm

• Trade Count: (67)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rage, Rest, work a lot, Repeat
Mics: Schoeps mk4v| mk41v | mk22 | mk8 & mk5 (m/s)
         Schoeps m222> nt222dc (x2)
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         Schoeps KCY 250/5 IG (x2) Schoeps KC 5g (x2)
         DPA 4015c
Pre’s: Sonosax SX-M2D2
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2
Recorder: Sonosax sx-r4+, SD702, Sony m10

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • If it's important, tell me to write it down.
    • LMA uploads
Re: Anyone know this battery?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 07:23:35 AM »
Nice find. Just ordered one.
Mics: 3 Zigma Chi HA-FX (COL-251, c, h, o-d, o-f) / Avenson STO-2 / Countryman B3s
Pres: CA-Ugly / Naiant Tinyhead / SD MixPre
Decks: Roland R-44 / Sony PCM-M10
GAKables
Dead Muppets

My recordings LMA / BT / TTD

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:58:06 AM »
Ditto, if I didn't already own 10 5300-6000 mah DVD batts I would be all over this.
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

kirk97132

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:08:27 AM »
Their math does not add up correctly for the ratings they give.   So it makes me wonder?  This looks like the same Ebay battery that was supposed to be high power but turned out they were not supplying the same battery that they advertised.  Curious to hear back once they arrive.  I could not find any markings or ratings on the batteries them selves only what the seller is providing. 

And just a reminder...shameless self promotion....for about $40 you can have you dead/tired DVD battery upgraded to these same kind of specs.   Well I guess you could even have a good one done too if you wanted the higher capacity.

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 05:28:51 PM »
Yup, looks like the old DVD batteries we all have but with a big-ass capacity.  And a pricetag to match. :)

Offline Big Perm

• Trade Count: (67)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rage, Rest, work a lot, Repeat
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:19:04 PM »
I got my main power supply for my 788 from same company...Bix power. It is fantastic! Best battery I've ever owned!  How long will one of the 2300mah DVD batteries power a PSP-3. Those things don't have much pull really.
Mics: Schoeps mk4v| mk41v | mk22 | mk8 & mk5 (m/s)
         Schoeps m222> nt222dc (x2)
         Schoeps cmc 1k (x2)
         Schoeps vst62iu (x2)
         Schoeps KCY 250/5 IG (x2) Schoeps KC 5g (x2)
         DPA 4015c
Pre’s: Sonosax SX-M2D2
         Aeta PSP-3
         E.A.A. PSP-2
Recorder: Sonosax sx-r4+, SD702, Sony m10

stevetoney

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 09:07:48 AM »
I wouldn't trust the mah claims on this battery until someone gets one and provides confirmation, especially since they're jacking the price up for that reason.  The manufacturer of this battery has a track record of inflating the capacity rating on the specs of their DVD batteries.  This has been documented by Kirkd and others in this forum and I also owned one for a long time.  It was a good reliable battery, but it's not the capacity they say it is.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 09:09:27 AM by tonedeaf »

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 09:17:25 AM »
Yup, another DVD battery capacity scam......

Thieves, I tell ya   ::)

$89.95 this time.......at least at eBay, you can complain and get yer $$ back.  Yer fucked with Amazon.

Good luck fellas.......AND if'n yer still feelin' flush and want to throw any more money away, throw it this way, willya.....?
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »
@ Cap'n et al. I followed the bad eBay battery thread. Pretty sure this one is different, and a different vendor. I don't recall the brand involved being Bixnet. I've seen others (Louis I think for one) buy this brand, not necessarily this model though...

http://www.bixnet.com/bx948.html

It's on it's way, I'll report back.
Mics: 3 Zigma Chi HA-FX (COL-251, c, h, o-d, o-f) / Avenson STO-2 / Countryman B3s
GAKables
Dead Muppets

stevetoney

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2012, 01:57:18 PM »
Bryonsos...I hope you don't discover what others have about these batteries, but unfortunately I'm just suggesting that based on mine and others experiences with these batteries, you should prepare yourself.

FWIW, Bixnet isn't the brand it's the vendor...the brand is unknown on these and therein lies the problem.  The vendor is a middle man and he wouldn't necessarily know the specs they just pass on the bogus info.  The earlier point wasn't that ebay or amazon are bogus vendors for selling these batteries, it's that amazon won't refund your money when you find out that the specs have been falsified on a product sold on their site.  At least you may have a recourse on ebay to file a claim for a refund based on the bogus info even though the seller may not have known that they were passing on bogus info.

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2012, 02:24:31 PM »
Bryonsos...I hope you don't discover what others have about these batteries, but unfortunately I'm just suggesting that based on mine and others experiences with these batteries, you should prepare yourself.

FWIW, Bixnet isn't the brand it's the vendor...the brand is unknown on these and therein lies the problem.  The vendor is a middle man and he wouldn't necessarily know the specs they just pass on the bogus info.  The earlier point wasn't that ebay or amazon are bogus vendors for selling these batteries, it's that amazon won't refund your money when you find out that the specs have been falsified on a product sold on their site.  At least you may have a recourse on ebay to file a claim for a refund based on the bogus info even though the seller may not have known that they were passing on bogus info.

true this.
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 09:40:46 AM »
As advertised.
GAKables
Dead Muppets

Offline vanark

• TDS
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (29)
  • If you ain't right, you better get right!
    • The Mudboy Grotto - North Mississippi Allstar fan site
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
Well, it certainly meets the specs on the page, but it is only 13300 mAh at 3.6V, not 9V.  At 9V, it is 5400 mAh.  Price seems a little high for that capacity.

If you have a problem relating to the Live Music Archive (http://www.archive.org/details/etree) please send an e-mail to us admins at LMA(AT)archive(DOT)org or post in the LMA thread here and we'll get on it.

Link to LMA Recordings

Link to Team Dirty South Recordings on the LMA

Mics: Microtech Gefell M21 (with Nbob actives) | Church Audio CA-11 (cards) (with CA UBB)
Pres: babynbox
Recorders: Tascam DR-60D | Tascam DR-40 | Sony PCM-A10 | Edirol R-4

Offline bryonsos

• Omni addict
    • LMA uploads
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 10:05:52 AM »
Well, it certainly meets the specs on the page, but it is only 13300 mAh at 3.6V, not 9V.  At 9V, it is 5400 mAh.  Price seems a little high for that capacity.

Maybe. These higher capacity ones are like unicorn teeth though, especially from a reliable vendor. For me, now I have a 9V solution to use while Kirk upgrades my 2 2300mAh ones to badassness  ;D
GAKables
Dead Muppets

stevetoney

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2012, 12:59:15 PM »
Agree.  At the very minimum it looks like you picked up a good battery that will supplement what you already have.  The only issues I had with mine was the specs...but the battery was always very reliable and I used it for a long time.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com