Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

Microphones for silent events (similar to Church CA 11) in Europe

<< < (4/4)

aaronji:
^ More sensitive mics would definitely help.  Sennheiser does make some high-sensitivity cardioid lavaliers (ME4 at 40 mV/Pa and MKE40 at 42 mV/Pa).  I don't have any experience with either, but their miniature omnis are quite good, and, of course, they are a pretty highly regarded manufacturer.  Maybe worth taking a look?

nak700s:

--- Quote from: robeti on March 02, 2018, 02:04:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: nak700s on February 26, 2018, 12:25:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: thebeaker on February 26, 2018, 09:32:54 AM ---Thanks for all posts. But I definetly want to go for card microphones. Unfortunately all mics are omnis :(

--- End quote ---

Like I already said, if you like the CA-11's., than try the CA-14's.  They are available in both Cardioid and Omni and are far superior to the CA-11's.

--- End quote ---

The ca-14 cards are better yes.
The ca-11 omnis are better than the ca-14 onmis.

--- End quote ---

Really?  Huh, go figure  :shrug:

--- Quote from: thebeaker on March 02, 2018, 03:05:17 PM ---I tried my ca11 and had to add 40db gain. That was a very noisey record... It was a non amplified theatre

--- End quote ---

Are you recording at 24bit?  Preferably at a high sample rate...  If so, worry about the quality and not the volume that you record a.  If you are using 24/96, you could jack the levels in post and shouldn't hear any difference.  With my CA-1's I use the CA9200, and get no unwanted noise.  Ever.  What are you using for a pre?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version