Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: need some help with mic selections!! please  (Read 2440 times)

Offline tarkus22

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
need some help with mic selections!! please
« on: March 21, 2005, 09:57:38 PM »
moving this to this forum because it says you all are helpful and newbie friendly! ;D
was in the mic section and got no response!(30 something views though)

need some help with mic selections!! please
« on: March 19, 2005, 01:50:51 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi everyone! i need your help and suggestions on some mics! please  :)

i only have $100.00 to spend on mics and i am looking for some stealth type, i have been on Sound Professionals site because i have read here that they make some decent stuff for the money.

i am looking at Cards because of crowd noise around me(and i will be in the middle of some crowds at times) and i wont always be close to the stage.

the problem is they have three different mics for $99.00 and another marked down for $49.00
so now i am confused on which is the best(or better) buy!  :-\

i compared the specs on these and they are all similar except the cmc-1, which has a better signal to noise ratio(65db compared to 58db for the other three)
it has a better Dynamic range using a battery box(102db compared to 91db for the other three)
and a better maximum input sound level with a battery box(125db compared to 120db on the other three)
it also comes with the AT clips, which are $20 more on the others.

it says the sp-cmc-1 are AT829 mics, but i cant find anyone who has used or heard of this model number.
i have read here about some of these other model #s and dont know if this cmc-1 is maybe a new product.
the other three are the cmc-19, cmc-20 and cmc-22, none of which are AT.

i know from reading here that price does not always mean the best, as i have read that some of you prefer the cmc-2 to the cmc-4 and so on.

i will be using a battery box, which i am buying there as well(probably the spsb-6)
and is why i cant go over $100.00 on the mics(only have about $170 or so to spend and want the rolloff option on the battery box, or is the rolloff even needed with these mics?)

could any of you look at my choices below and tell me what you think?
are there any big differences in these??
does the $49.00 one look just as good as the others? or should i stay away from it?

i included the links to each one.

i would love to get some of your opinions on these! because you all seem to know your stuff around here!  ;D

i am using a friends DAT deck also(think its a Sony but dont know the model # offhand) but hes getting out of recording and already sold his mics and stuff.

sp-cmc-20  $99.00
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-CMC-20

sp-cmc-22  $99.00
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-CMC-22

sp-cmc-1   $99.00
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-CMC-1
(SP-CMC-1 - SOUND PROFESSIONALS - STANDARD AUDIO TECHNICA CARDIOID STEREO
MICROPHONES)

or they have these for $49.00
http://www.soundprofessionals.com/cgi-bin/gold/item/SP-CMC-19

thanks for any and all help and/or advice!   ;D

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: need some help with mic selections!! please
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 12:12:27 PM »
My advice, save a little more money and go with a tried and true mic selection.  If people have not responded to your post, it is possible no one is using those options and cannot comment without knowledge.

Good luck.

Offline sexymexi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • show list
Re: need some help with mic selections!! please
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2005, 02:21:51 PM »
yea. what he said.  save some money, and get something worthwhile...
AKG 391's > phantom boxes > JB3 or Casio DA-7
Panasonic WM1610 omni's > whatever

Playback: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum > Onkyo TSDX595 > matched Oynix Rockets > Mirage FRX-S8 sub

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com