Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SLA battery building  (Read 3230 times)

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
SLA battery building
« on: April 04, 2003, 01:56:40 PM »
i'm looking into building a SLA for my current setup and i'm wondering if it is possible to run an mp-2 and a d100 off of the same battery.  i'm currently using an rc battery pack for the mp-2 and a 4 aa rechargeable pack for the d100 and it works fine but i'd really like to get both on one battery if it is at all possible.

i know that the d100 uses 4.5v external but is there any way to run it off of a 6v SLA w/out causing any damage?  any feedback would be appreciated.

nick

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:SLA battery building
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 03:20:02 PM »
IMO, you're better off running the MP-2 off an SLA/RC pack and continuing to run the D100 off internal rechargables.

I would drop the external 4AA rechargable pack and pick up 1800 or 2000 mAH rechargable AAs that will run the D100 for around 4 hours.  Get a couple pairs to swap between sets just to be ultra-safe.  And for an all day affair, you could push 'em a bit and get a good 6-8 hours off the two pairs.

If you're really stuck on running the D100 off an SLA, I think you could use a voltage regulator to drop the 6v to 5v (close enough to 4.5v it won't cause any damage).
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.218 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com