Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: 744/722 "Media too slow" Message  (Read 66450 times)

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: 744/722 "Media too slow" Message
« Reply #180 on: May 03, 2005, 12:04:38 AM »
At least for Windows, if you always connect the 722 as the same drive letter, you can write that already. The following pseudocode would work just fine in a BAT file:

md5sum [files on device] > 722.md5
copy [files on device] [local]
md5sum [local files] > local.md5
comp 722.md5 local.md5

Even if you don't connect as the same drive letter, you can pass drive letter in as a command line parameter.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #181 on: May 05, 2005, 10:13:34 AM »
I dont own one of these, just wanted to say +T to all and comment on how this unit sucks  ;D
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline wboswell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #182 on: May 05, 2005, 10:22:13 AM »
I want them to add features that will allow me to track and author DVDAs and write them to an external firewire optical writer, compress and then write flacs and an MD5 file to optical storage, and finally perform downsampling with proper sector boundary adjustments and burn CDRs so I can have them ready for kickdowns at the next show.  That's all I want.  Then it will truely be the perfect all in one box.  The box is capable of supporting those features, they just need to get on it.

Actually it would be nice if the box could write verified copies to an external drive. 

It needs a time warp button before I call it the perfect box.  That way, I could stop taping all these bands that suck.

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #183 on: May 05, 2005, 10:25:08 AM »
I want them to add features that will allow me to track and author DVDAs and write them to an external firewire optical writer, compress and then write flacs and an MD5 file to optical storage, and finally perform downsampling with proper sector boundary adjustments and burn CDRs so I can have them ready for kickdowns at the next show.  That's all I want.  Then it will truely be the perfect all in one box.  The box is capable of supporting those features, they just need to get on it.

Actually it would be nice if the box could write verified copies to an external drive. 

It needs a time warp button before I call it the perfect box.  That way, I could stop taping all these bands that suck.

+T
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2005, 08:56:58 AM »
for all who said it was too big,  i crotched the 722 the last 2 nights...hehe

marc0789

« Reply #185 on: May 11, 2005, 08:58:34 AM »
it's actually on both 2GB marks. both were unclean cuts

odd, I have not had any or heard of glitches happening at the cuts

man, that's a rough tape flip. ;)

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #186 on: May 11, 2005, 09:09:11 AM »

unlike a tape flip, this can be (and was) fixed by a firmware update :P

marc0789

« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2005, 09:19:31 AM »

really, Nick? a firmware update can fix that particular show? amazing!!! ;)

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2005, 09:20:08 AM »

LOL!!

the water's clean and innocent

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2005, 09:22:56 AM »

no, no, no, as you accurately pointed out Marc, that particular show is lost...kind of like when your dat heads get dirty and you get diginoise, or you have a misload, etc...

jackass :P

marc0789

« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2005, 09:35:22 AM »

no, no, no, as you accurately pointed out Marc, that particular show is lost...kind of like when your dat heads get dirty and you get diginoise, or you have a misload, etc...

jackass :P

never happened. not once.

sorry, there's obviously all kinds of issues with this thing. takes them what, an extra year to get the thing out, and this kind of shit goes on? frankly, the quality issues are par for the course with SD. I had more problems with the mp-2 than every other preamp I've ever run, combined. sketchy power cable connection, not fixed after 3 trips in, broken led meters, busted headphone out, stuck power led, and probably some shit I forget about. So Nick...I don't mean to rub it in on the lost *tape*, but this stuff shouldn't be going on. correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the fr-2 and the nagra went a lot more smoothly. SD has excellent customer service and prompt repairs, but so does Saturn....that doesn't forgive that the product itself has serious issues.

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2005, 09:40:49 AM »
well for what it is worth, I never had a problem with the MP2 that I didnt cause (dropped the damn unit once) and their customer service was fantastic.  As for the 722, I have said it before and I will say it again, I have had zero problems with the unit...mainly because I was too lazy for the interim firmware fixes, and the inital firmware worked fine.  A little luck and a little laziness can get you a long way...

As for the knocking of SD should have had this thing perfect before it got out, that is just naive imo.  Working in the technology sector I can tell you that after you have to make one change to the initial firmware load, it takes you several spins to get the load stable again...and that is understood by your initial customers.  That being said, this is different, in that you are paying for the right to fix some bugs...sucks, but understood by most that bought the box early in the cycle

Regardless, I have been using a borrowed box for the past two months, and I got mine yesterday...and cant be happier.  My biggest problem right now is to figure out how the hell I am going to get the files off to free up HD space at ACL this year...guess I will either be buying/installing a bigger HD, or borrowing a firewire capable lappy with a huge HD

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2005, 09:48:13 AM »
never happened. not once.

sorry, there's obviously all kinds of issues with this thing. takes them what, an extra year to get the thing out, and this kind of shit goes on? frankly, the quality issues are par for the course with SD. I had more problems with the mp-2 than every other preamp I've ever run, combined. sketchy power cable connection, not fixed after 3 trips in, broken led meters, busted headphone out, stuck power led, and probably some shit I forget about. So Nick...I don't mean to rub it in on the lost *tape*, but this stuff shouldn't be going on. correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the fr-2 and the nagra went a lot more smoothly. SD has excellent customer service and prompt repairs, but so does Saturn....that doesn't forgive that the product itself has serious issues.

i've been running my 722 since february and only had an issue at a dylan show, where i lost less than a full second of audio.  i don't call that all kinds of issues.  it's less than i had with a laptop and much less than with dat. 

my mp2 is still gonig strong after 5+ years now too...

you want a 722 marc.  face it :)

Offline Lil Kim Jong-Il

• Trade Count: (6)
  • large Marge sent me
« Reply #193 on: May 11, 2005, 10:18:28 AM »
for all who said it was too big,  i crotched the 722 the last 2 nights...hehe

Quoted so this wouldn't get lost.

Did you have to crotch it for the entire show?  I wondering about heat.
The first rule of amateur neurosurgery club is .... I forget.

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
« Reply #194 on: May 11, 2005, 10:57:03 AM »
for all who said it was too big, i crotched the 722 the last 2 nights...hehe

Quoted so this wouldn't get lost.

Did you have to crotch it for the entire show? I wondering about heat.

DANGER! See my other thread about heat issues (first stealthing thread or something like that). The 722 needs breathing room. Keeping that near the fellas might make it tougher to become a father later on. Now, if he was recording to CF only, I take that back.
Out of the game … for now?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.085 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com