Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anamorphic widescreen in iDVD 5 help please...  (Read 2839 times)

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Anamorphic widescreen in iDVD 5 help please...
« on: May 29, 2007, 10:07:56 PM »
I am working with some simple single camera HDV1080i stuff I shot. Capture in iMovie HD 5, synced audio and authored in iDVD 5. I will be getting FCP soon and this shouldn't be an issue anymore. For now there is a bug in iDVD5 that writes code on in the IFO file improperly. So when a DVD should play as 16:9 on a 16:9 TV or with letterbox on a 4:3 TV it squishes into 4:3. I found the problem and solution but it is a bit over my head.

<a href="http://capital2.capital.edu/admin-staff/dalthoff/widescreen.html" target="_blank">This website has the skinny.
</a>

I understand a lot of it but can't pull it off. I need help with this part...

either:

Code: [Select]
# To do it the geeky way:

1. Copy the VIDEO_TS file out of the disk image file.
   2. For each widescreen movie, use HexEdit to edit the associated .IFO and .BUP files. Edit Byte $200 in accordance with the IFO file specification sheet.
   3. Run the edited VIDEO_TS folder through DVD Imager to create a new burnable disk image.

or this which involves a Pert (?) script that I found and have.

Code: [Select]
To do it the easy way:

1. Mount the image file, then, using the terminal from the directory containing the iDVD Widescreen Fix script, issue the command:
  ./idvd-ws-fix --output=my-fixed-image.img /Volumes/MY_BROKEN_VOLUME
   2. Burn the new image to a disk using Disk Utility.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline sabre

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Anamorphic widescreen in iDVD 5 help please...
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:23:50 PM »
Sorry, I can't give any advice for a Mac - but if you can get access to a PC there's a program called IFOEdit which is able to edit the .IFO file so that your 16:9 footage plays correctly on a 4:3 TV.
A step-by-step guide can be found here: http://www.dvdr-digest.com/articles/42_1.html

Also, since .IFO files are so small you could email them to somebody with a PC and they could do it for you...

Offline cleantone

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 12:00:23 AM »
I have learned a lot while researching this all day. I think I can do it on a Mac but am waiting for tomorrow to try burning a DVD. If that doesn't work your suggestion is awesome and I hadn't thought of it at all. Thanks.
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline hummat

• Taperssection Member
    • Videos in Progress or Completed
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 08:56:51 AM »
Can't help but , man your gonna love it when you get FCP!  Just make sure to block a weekend to learn the basics.  Watch whatever tutorials come with it then start your first project.  No matter how bad you want to dig in right away and start working on fun stuff, watch the tutorial DVD and thumb through the manual (if they still package one with it).  It is so feature rich, it is very possible to not know of something that could potentially cut down your edit time and make your life a whole lot easier.

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 01:57:22 PM »
yea go find the larry jordan tutorials.  they'll be a big help with fcp

Offline cleantone

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 05:31:53 PM »
Thanks guys. I also got this other this sorted out.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com