Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: SBM-1 Who does mods???  (Read 11235 times)

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • god-damned hippies!

Offline Kevin Straker

• The Shogun of Easley
  • Trade Count: (4)
Re: SBM-1 Who does mods???
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2005, 09:45:39 AM »
It's been a little while, but here's what I did. Call Doug and tell him that his mod on the sbm1 is the shit and you need to have it. You've heard lots of good tapes and you really want that piece of gear. He may or may not decide to humor you... I buy lots of stuff there so maybe that helped, but Doug seems pretty reasonable.  YMMV. Good luck.
People on ludes should not drive...
J. Spicoli

mk4,mk21>kc5>cmc6>V3>SD722

Offline junkbondking

• a good story and a good massage both have happy endings
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • i'm busy fabercating
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2005, 10:18:46 AM »
paging todd ramsden. ;D

he quit doing them when he messed one up or something.

Yep, that's about the size of it.  I never really did them anyway.  Just helped a few friends out.  After doing jbk's and breaking off that really, really tiny internal power switch when I put the innards back into the case I said screw it, let people go to the Oades.

i would like to also state that i was not mad that this happened, and tood made it all good by using some skills to over ride the on off switch anyway.
www.poachninja.com  "you've been poached"

km184 -> busman modded R4

Offline fozzy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • move along, nothing much to see here
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2005, 10:46:52 AM »
paging todd ramsden. ;D

Yep, that's about the size of it.  I never really did them anyway.  Just helped a few friends out.  After doing jbk's and breaking off that really, really tiny internal power switch when I put the innards back into the case I said screw it, let people go to the Oades.

i would like to also state that i was not mad that this happened, and tood made it all good by using some skills to over ride the on off switch anyway.

so yours is always on?  assuming you have power to it?
MK 4V > KCY 250/5 Ig (KS 10I)  > VST62IUg > 722

Jason B

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2005, 10:05:15 PM »
It's been a little while, but here's what I did. Call Doug and tell him that his mod on the sbm1 is the shit and you need to have it. You've heard lots of good tapes and you really want that piece of gear. He may or may not decide to humor you... I buy lots of stuff there so maybe that helped, but Doug seems pretty reasonable.  YMMV. Good luck.

He recently turned me down...

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2005, 03:14:06 AM »

He recently turned me down...

Me as well.  He's not going to do any mods.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline gewwang

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2005, 06:03:12 AM »
I got mine done in early Sept. On 9/23, he had posted something on the forum saying he was only modding the units they sold as he couldn't do anymore than that due to his back problems.

Offline shaggy

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • dwonk
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2005, 08:52:32 AM »
When I sent mine in to do the DC to DC converter replacement in mid October 2004 (I fried it), I asked about other flavored mods and he offered to swap out the W-mod for a P or T mod chip for $75.  I declined after I thought hard about a T mod.

Offline junkbondking

• a good story and a good massage both have happy endings
  • i'm busy fabercating
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2005, 08:57:41 AM »
paging todd ramsden. ;D

so yours is always on?  assuming you have power to it?

no, i keep the external male plug covered with a cable.  unplug it when it is ready to go.  using 4x 2300mah rechargeables to power the sucker. 
www.poachninja.com  "you've been poached"

km184 -> busman modded R4

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2005, 11:00:59 AM »
When I sent mine in to do the DC to DC converter replacement in mid October 2004 (I fried it), I asked about other flavored mods and he offered to swap out the W-mod for a P or T mod chip for $75.  I declined after I thought hard about a T mod.

Yeah, in december 2004 he told me he'd do a flavor mod on mine too.  I recently received an email from him saying that he's cutting way back on bench work "for health reasons".   :'(  I sure do hope he's ok.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Tim

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2005, 01:46:34 PM »
When I sent mine in to do the DC to DC converter replacement in mid October 2004 (I fried it), I asked about other flavored mods and he offered to swap out the W-mod for a P or T mod chip for $75. I declined after I thought hard about a T mod.

Yeah, in december 2004 he told me he'd do a flavor mod on mine too. I recently received an email from him saying that he's cutting way back on bench work "for health reasons". :'( I sure do hope he's ok.

he's had a bad back and neck for *years*.... he had some pretty major surgery on his back or neck a few years back too...
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline KingReptile

• Taperssection Member
  • Injection is Nice I'd Rather Be Blown----
    • http://www.angelfire.com/music5/d8maniac/KingReptile_home
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2005, 01:01:03 AM »
Doug,

Is a man of his word we had exchanged e-mails and had a conversation on the phone before the first of the year..I did get a e-mail saying that he was no longer doing mods on SBM-1s as of Jan 2005.Later he said he would do it as he had told me before  that he would do it..
He also said it would be his last that it was the end of a era, he had high praise for the SBM-1s..I would have to say its health reasons ,too bad nobody there took upon his skills..

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2005, 08:48:42 AM »
Doug,

Is a man of his word we had exchanged e-mails and had a conversation on the phone before the first of the year..I did get a e-mail saying that he was no longer doing mods on SBM-1s as of Jan 2005.Later he said he would do it as he had told me before that he would do it..
He also said it would be his last that it was the end of a era, he had high praise for the SBM-1s..I would have to say its health reasons ,too bad nobody there took upon his skills..

In all my dealings with the Oades, they have always treated me well and fairly...good guys...

looks like the bottom may drop out of the unmod SBM1 market now though :P

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2005, 08:51:37 AM »
yeah, when I saw that he was not modding them anymore, I thought it was definately time to grab one up while I could.

My only dealings with Oade was a purchase of a W-Mod UA-5... which I consequently traded away for a mod SBM-1... I loved the UA-5.
Great product.

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2005, 09:11:48 AM »
what happens if my modsbm needs repair?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.089 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com