Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Apogee Mini-Me SPDIF out -> Tascam DR 100mkii  (Read 5084 times)

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
Apogee Mini-Me SPDIF out -> Tascam DR 100mkii
« on: March 10, 2013, 03:37:30 AM »
Does anyone have any experience running this combo? [because of the MME I posted it here and not tin "recorders," please mod if necessary]

I just picked up a Mini Me, and I am looking for a bit bucket. It looks like the Tascam has everything one needs, except for 88.2 kHz recording.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:47:46 AM by noahbickart »
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline F.O.Bean

• Team Schoeps Tapir that
  • Trade Count: (126)
  • Taperus Maximus
    • MediaFire Recordings
Re: Apogee Mini-Me SPDIF out -> Tascam DR 100mkii
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 09:24:22 PM »
Does anyone have any experience running this combo? [because of the MME I posted it here and not tin "recorders," please mod if necessary]

I just picked up a Mini Me, and I am looking for a bit bucket. It looks like the Tascam has everything one needs, except for 88.2 kHz recording.

Beside the HORRIBLE ergonomics of the MME, I say, GO FOR IT! It should work very well :)
Schoeps MK 4V & MK 41V ->
Schoeps 250|0 KCY's (x2) ->
Naiant +60v|Low Noise PFA's (x2) ->
DarkTrain Right Angle Stubby XLR's (x3) ->
Sound Devices MixPre-6 & MixPre-3

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/diskobean
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Bean420
http://bt.etree.org/mytorrents.php
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/j9eu80jpuaubz/Recordings

Offline dlh

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »

. . . not the DR 100, but my DR680 wouldn't sync to the MiniMe at all rates.  Solution was to use a transformer from the AES out; all good now. (SPDIF out goes to a backup recorder).
Dave
480b, 460b, Line Audio CM3, SP LSD2, AT BP4025, SP C4,
MiniMe, MiniMP, AND ANNOUNCING the recent adoption of a Mini-Dac. The little bro's are SO excited  :yahoo:

DR-680, DR-100 MKII, PMD671, fr2LE, MTII

De gustibus non est disputandum.
"It's just this little chromium switch here.  You people are soo superstitious."

Offline noahbickart

• phishrabbi
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 09:08:52 AM »

. . . not the DR 100, but my DR680 wouldn't sync to the MiniMe at all rates.  Solution was to use a transformer from the AES out; all good now. (SPDIF out goes to a backup recorder).
Dave

Link?
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, GAKables 10' & 20' 6-channel snakes, Darktrain 2 & 4 channel KCY and mini xlr extensions:
Preamps:    Schoeps VMS 02iub, Naiant IPA, Sound Devices Mixpre6 I
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6 I, Sony PCM m10

Home Playback: Mac Mini> Mytek Brooklyn+> McIntosh MC162> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-4XX / Beyerdynamic DT880

Office Playback: iMac> Grace m903> AKG k701 / Hifiman HE-400

Offline hi and lo

• Trade Count: (38)
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 10:29:30 AM »

Dave

Did you try using the minime AES out without the transformer? The 680 should accept an AES signal just fine and without any need to convert the signal to spdif. I feed my 680 an AES signal from my ad2k and it works perfectly at all same rates.

Offline dlh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 09:21:16 AM »

Dave

Link?

Transformer:
http://www.markertek.com/Audio-Equipment/Audio-Interface/Impedance-Matching-Transformer/Connectronics/AESEBU1.xhtml

BNC to RCA:
http://www.markertek.com/Connectors-Adapters/Video-Adapters/BNC-to-RCA-Adapters/32-3109BU.xhtml

I took one of these:
http://www.markertek.com/Cables/Video-Cables/BNC-to-RCA-Video-Cables/TecNec/CB-CR-LENGTH.xhtml
chopped some length, and terminated with:
http://www.markertek.com/Connectors-Adapters/Audio-Connectors/RCA-Connectors/Switchcraft-Corporation/3502RABAU.xhtml
to fit my setup.

I know some others are running short AES to SPDIF without a transformer so YMMV.
I just did the above because I'm obsessive ::)

Dave

MiniMe, MiniMP, AND ANNOUNCING the recent adoption of a Mini-Dac. The little bro's are SO excited  :yahoo:

"It's just this little chromium switch here.  You people are soo superstitious."

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 10:36:42 AM »
I'm using an impedance matching conversion cable to go from AES to S/PDIF. All connectors and cable are impedance matched and eliminates the use of transformer and BNC to RCA adapter.  Can be made with impedance matched RCA or BNC to fit your needs.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=7676.msg1965909#msg1965909

Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline dlh

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 02:07:44 PM »
I'm using an impedance matching conversion cable to go from AES to S/PDIF. All connectors and cable are impedance matched and eliminates the use of transformer and BNC to RCA adapter.  Can be made with impedance matched RCA or BNC to fit your needs.

Now THAT's cool!
You've always got the good stuff.

Dave

Offline shiny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2013, 03:41:36 PM »
hi digigal.
i'm interested to you cable for mixpred to marantz 661.
can you confirm that it records 24bit 96khz?
can i have your email?
thanks

Offline jazzgtrl4

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 10:56:32 AM »
I have one of Digigal's aes>Spdif cables. they work great!. Running from my Minime to my PMD661. no drops, locks right on.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.183 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com