Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

Should stealth discussion be conducted stealthily on ts.com?

I'm apathetic; I really don't care one way or the other.
29 (14.7%)
No, it's OK to discuss stealth taping on ts.com.
72 (36.5%)
Yes, stealth discussion should not be conducted publicly on ts.com.
35 (17.8%)
I'd prefer stealth conversation to be conducted stealthily, but I don't think it matters much
53 (26.9%)
I hate stealth taping/discussion altogether and wish there was a way for ts.com to ban it completely
8 (4.1%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Author Topic: Poll: Should Stealth Discussion Be Stealth?  (Read 39718 times)

Offline newplanet7

• Hasn't heard a muddy 460/480 tape. EVER. Mike Hawk
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • The Place To Be...... Akustische u. Kino-Geräte
Re: Poll: Should Stealth Discussion Be Stealth?
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2012, 08:03:49 PM »
Oh my!

MILAB VM-44 Classic~> Silver T's~> Busman PMD660
News From Phish: Will tour as opening act for Widespread Panic for Summer
hahaha never happen, PHiSH is waaaaayyyy better the WSP

They both ain't got nothing on MMW... Money spent wisely if you ask me...

FYI, it is a kick ass recording of a bunch of pretend-a-hippies talking.

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012, 09:13:11 PM »
When I  >:D, this is my method: I hide my equipment where no one can see it. Then I record the show.  There, all my secrets are out.

Fuckin' hoppedup.....I knew you couldn't keep our secret for long....a pox on you and the rest of the crew you owe a beer to....
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

mfrench

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2012, 10:02:16 PM »
- .... .. ...   .. ...   -- -.--   .--. .-.. .- -.-. .   .... --- .-.. -.. . .-.   ..-. --- .-.   -- --- .-. .   .... .- ... ... . .-.. .... --- ..-. ..-. .-.-.-   

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa

« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:55:53 AM by m0k3 »

Offline acidjack

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2012, 10:33:58 PM »
- .... .. ...   .. ...   -- -.--   .--. .-.. .- -.-. .   .... --- .-.. -.. . .-.   ..-. --- .-.   -- --- .-. .   .... .- ... ... . .-.. .... --- ..-. ..-. .-.-.-

Welcome to this thread :)
Mics: Schoeps MK4V, MK41V, MK5, MK22> CMC6, KCY 250/5, KC5, NBob; MBHO MBP603/KA200N, AT 3031, DPA 4061 w/ d:vice, Naiant X-X, AT 853c, shotgun, Nak300
Pres/Power: Aerco MP2, tinybox v2  [KCY], CA-UBB
Decks: Sound Devices MixPre 6, Zoom F8, M10, D50

My recordings on nyctaper.com: http://www.nyctaper.com/?tag=acidjack | LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/acidjack | twitter: http://www.twitter.com/acidjacknyc | Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/acidjacknyc

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2012, 11:37:44 PM »

THISISMYPLACEHOLDERFORMOREHASSELHOFF.

:spin:
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2012, 11:51:11 PM »

THISISMYPLACEHOLDERFORMOREHASSELHOFF.

:spin:

:lol:

Look at the bright side; there are worse things that could be posted to nuke the thread.  :o

I never learned morse code, figured if I got to a point where I needed it, well, it was a nice life.
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

stevetoney

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2012, 05:19:35 AM »
Its strange to me that so many people feel it crosses the line to even discuss whether or not stealth talk is ok, or feel a need to haselhoff the thread.  I didn't see it as the same thing as actually engaging in discussions about stealth techniques and such.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 05:23:55 AM by tonedeaf »

nathan_g

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2012, 07:44:14 AM »
I think it's a bit silly to think that 'the man' would need to read TS forum posts to figure out how we do what we do. Yes, the cat is out of the bag. Has been for years.

Theater people discuss body miking techniques quite openly...and nobody Hoff's their threads over it...

http://www.controlbooth.com/forums/sound-music-intercom/4517-where-hide-body-mics.html

Looks like the folks at Countryman are also trying to ruin the stealth game as well...they even have photos!

http://www.countryman.com/download/B2D%20Lavalier%20datasheet.pdf

If that's not enough to make all your hair fall out, this guy has a video...showing the whole damned world how to mic up!!

http://blip.tv/realitycrew/hiding-lavalier-mics-sample-1-1089261

Even those bastards at Google are trying to ruin it for us! Try googling "HIDING A LAV MIC"!!!  :o

Youtube's "HIDING A LAV MIC" search is revealing as well.

mfrench

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2012, 08:55:36 AM »
for the dipshits, ^^

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
Frank Zappa

Offline hoppedup

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Sa da tay!
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2012, 08:58:06 AM »
for the dipshits, ^^

You are such a cruel king, doing this to your subjects.
AKG SE300B CK91
JB Mod NAK 300 CP1 - CP2

Tascam DR-40, Tascam DR-60D, Tascam DR-22WL, Marantz PMD-706
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7K

↑↑↓↓←→←→ BA Start

My recordings on bt.etree

My recordings on LMA

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2012, 09:01:37 AM »
for the dipshits, ^^

You are such a cruel king, doing this to your subjects.

It was about time..... >:D

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • #TeamRetired
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2012, 09:28:04 AM »
I wonder if there is a hoff in rainbow
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 09:46:36 AM »

The fact of the matter is as much as some want to impose their personal position on us all, there is no consensus on this.

I'm apathetic; I really don't care one way or the other.11 (18%)
No, it's OK to discuss stealth taping on ts.com. 11 (18%)
Yes, stealth discussion should not be conducted publicly on ts.com. 14 (23%)
I'd prefer stealth conversation to be conducted stealthily, but I don't think it matters much 21 (34.4%)
I hate stealth taping/discussion altogether and wish there was a way for ts.com to ban it completely 4 (6.6%)

30% opposed to any discussion
35% prefer only stealthy stealth discussion but don't think it really matters
35% don't care or think it is okay

It seems like this particular topic of whether there should be stealth discussion is pretty valid.  Trying to derail it with Hoff bombs is one approach.  Or, just discussing it might be okay too.

Dude, you ever consider a career in politics?

18% Sheep that have no opinion

18% No, OK to discuss

64% (23 + 34.4 + 6.6)  Yes, no steath discussion

Let's be clear next time.

edit --- clarity in color
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:13:02 AM by capnhook »

Offline capnhook

• Site Supporter
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 10:01:16 AM »
Oh, math comprehension was not taught in your school....I get it.

Sorry  ::)

mfrench

« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 10:21:48 AM »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 42 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com