Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Taping Guide Sign-ups! (Last chance I guess)  (Read 19711 times)

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • www.drivebytruckers.com/tourdiary.html
Re: Taping Guide Sign-ups! (Did You Forget About It??)
« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2004, 11:43:55 AM »
Cool, keep up the good work +t.

Things are a bit one-sided as I only stealth tape, but I might be able to come up with part of chapter 7 (audience, from a stealth viewpoint), and chapter 12 (spreading - done lots of this, but never used the archive).

cool +T right back at ya.  Your in the UK right?  If so I might eventually have a few questions for you about places I plan to tape when I am over there.
mics & cameras

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2004, 11:50:55 AM »
cool +T right back at ya.  Your in the UK right?  If so I might eventually have a few questions for you about places I plan to tape when I am over there.

I've taped at a good percentage of the venues in and around London (which probably has in excess of 100 venues ranging from back rooms of pubs to Wembley Arena). I think I wrote something up ages ago in the archive here, but yes, pm welcome. When are you over and which bands?
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2004, 11:55:46 AM »
I'm moving to spain in january, so over easter breaks and such I plan to venture to london to catch guster, but I am also interested in trying to see cake and maybe the darkness if they are around at that time.  I know guster is open taping but I have a feeling there will be problems with that since i rarely hear of open taping allowed in europe.  Oh and of course U2, though I believe they will be making a barcelona stop eventually
mics & cameras

Offline Humbug

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Humbug Hum Rejection Unit
    • Trading site
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2004, 04:14:19 AM »
Done some searching; both Guster and Cake are playing The Garage in Islington, not my favourite venue as the sound system is very average. Pretty dingy there also. The Astoria (for Cake) is a better bet, although it varies a lot with who's running the board.

I have no idea when The Darkness are next touring; if they've got any sense they'll be in the studio working on album no. 2.

Re open taping - on the couple of times I've done this I've still used stealth equipment; I've never seen a mic stand used this side of the pond, although I know it was done by someone who flew in from the states and had permission from the band in advance.
UK based taper: MK4>Nbox Platinum>PCM-M10
AT853C>CA9200 / PIPsqueak>Tascam DR-2D

http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/Humbug66

Offline BCostigan

• I can resist everything except temptation
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Loose Lucy is my delight
    • GranitePhotography
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2005, 08:55:34 AM »
I just woke up....and didn't reat the whole thread but......is it me or is there no chapter on remote power?
"A Hippie is someone who walks like Tarzan, looks like Jane, and smells like Cheetah."  ~Ronald Reagan

Offline mmmatt

• taping > photography
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • ... A broken angel sings from a guitar
    • LightCraft Photography
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2005, 05:45:33 PM »
I just woke up....and didn't reat the whole thread but......is it me or is there no chapter on remote power?

There is no chapter on anything... this is a bust.

Matt
I do think taping is the reality of the business..it is also an impetus for artists to create studio CDs that are ART, not just another recording...    Fareed Haque  2-4-2005

Canon 24-70 f2.8L, Canon 135 f2L, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 50 f1.8, > Canon 5D or Canon xt (digi) and Canon 1N (film)

Offline dmonterisi

• Taper Emeritus
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Stomach Full of Regret
« Reply #81 on: February 20, 2005, 01:47:11 PM »
matt- can you get me the info on matrixing?  i'll get it into the archive.  if anyone wrote something for this project, please send me a PM, I'll work what you have into the archive.  thanks!

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2005, 10:51:35 AM »

Matt

Not completely a bust, but nobody fucking did anything so I have been trying to write it on my own in between work and classes.  Have two or three chapters done.
mics & cameras

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2005, 12:08:28 PM »

Matt

Not completely a bust, but nobody fucking did anything so I have been trying to write it on my own in between work and classes.  Have two or three chapters done.

Maybe it's time to give it up and just contribute stuff to the Archive.  Your time would be a lot better spent doing that then trying to write a taping book on your own...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline Sanjay

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2005, 05:36:07 PM »

Maybe it's time to give it up and just contribute stuff to the Archive.  Your time would be a lot better spent doing that then trying to write a taping book on your own...

I just may, this serves as a last call.  its clear pretty much nobody gives a fuck and it has become a joke.  I just get -T'd for even trying to defend it.  So last call or i'm canning it, if I feel like it i'll archive what I have.
mics & cameras

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com