Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: For all you McCormack fans  (Read 2550 times)

Offline ducati

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I'm a llama!
For all you McCormack fans
« on: May 12, 2003, 08:39:11 AM »
I just got an email this morning from Steve McCormack about his new mods for the DNA-125 and 225.  They're not cheap...  It takes something of a leap of faith, to be sure, to spend almost as much in mods as you spend on a piece of equipment.  And I'm not a big fan of mods, although I have complete faith in Steve.  The details:

I'm still working out the details of Revision B, but I can tell you that Rev A will run $1300.  Unlike the earlier amps (where these items were optional), the Rev A package for the DNA-125 will include the Soft Recovery Diode Bridges, Black Gate bypass caps, WBT RCA input jacks and Cardas binding posts, and some very special new wire.  The only options will be the Plitron transformer ($450), MusiCoat treatment ($200), and Balanced Inputs ($450).

In order to complete the development of this upgrade, I built a complete Rev A DNA-125 including the Plitron transformer, balanced inputs, and a bit of MusiCoat.  I am still shaking my head in complete disbelief - this amp is awesome!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com