Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audioengine D1 DAC and A2 speakers  (Read 10864 times)

colinw

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Audioengine D1 DAC and A2 speakers
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 06:49:13 PM »
I also hope the new one lasts longer. Mine, and the 4 other people I have convinced to buy a unit have had excellent experiences. No issues at all. Let's hope you just got a lemon or something and you'll be able to enjoy the new one for a good long time!

Offline phreshie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 11:23:56 PM »
Micro - any more feedback on your D1 experience, thinking of getting one ...... thoughts ?
I wana check B&H price -
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 11:39:20 PM by phreshie »
Retired.

Offline microburst

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • formerly "mcroberts"
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 05:52:55 PM »
Micro - any more feedback on your D1 experience, thinking of getting one ...... thoughts ?
I wana check B&H price -

I really like it - more info forthcoming.  MY only compliant is that the first one I bought effectively shit the bad on day 3 or 4 after I bought it.  I don't know what happened but it stopped mounting to my laptop and eventually the light wouldn't even turn on when it was plugged in via any type of USB connection.  This was not a big deal as I live relatively close to B&H (Long Island -> NYC) so I returned the device in person and received a new one.  No issues to date though its only been a few weeks since.

Anyway, back to the sound.  I think the D1 sounds fantastic.  I never really had a need for a dedicated DAC as I had a solid soundcard in my old laptop but when that laptop died and I got a new laptop the sound degraded tenfold due to a less than acceptable soundcard in the new laptop.  The D1 improved the entire frequency range dramatically - I can hear small nuances in my recordings that I couldn't hear previously through the old laptop without a dedicated DAC.  In my opinion the D1 was money well spent as long as it doesn't die again.  Its nice and small - form factor is excellent.  Happy to answer any specific questions.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 05:57:51 PM by microburst »

Offline Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B)

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I dream in beige.
    • sloppy.art.ink
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 10:56:13 PM »
Looks like this thing will do 24/96 over USB and 24/192 over the optical input.

Anyone have any issues running 24/96 over the USB? Probably a moot point since I'll likely run optical, but figured I'd ask in case I have issues with the optical.

Oh...anyone know what sort of cans this thing can push. I'm probably going to order the Beyerdynamic DT 990's. Wondering if they can push the 600 Ohm cans, or should I stick with the 250 Ohm model?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 11:00:14 PM by Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B) »
||| MICS:  Beyer CK930 | DPA 4022 | DPA 4080 | Nevaton MCE400 | Sennheiser Ambeo Headset |||
||| PREAMPS: DPA d:vice | Naiant Tinybox | Naiant IPA |||
||| DECKS: Sound Devices MixPre6 | iPod Touch 32GB |||
|||Concert History || LMA Recordings || Live YouTube |||

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com