Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Suggestions for Sonicase bag??  (Read 2266 times)

Offline Wes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
Suggestions for Sonicase bag??
« on: August 23, 2003, 05:08:42 PM »
Well I've got a 4 shelf sonicase bag that i love except for the fact that i have to place all my boxes (v3, st-250 processor, and soon to be m-audio firewire 410) so that their weight is supported by the cables.  I know the obvious thing would be to use right angle connectors, but I'm using some pretty exotic cables that weren't available in right angle xlr's.  So my question is: does anybody have any suggestions on using something other than right angle xlr's to support the weight of these boxes?  the only thing i can come up with is using some foam blocks and letting the boxes rest on them were cables are not plugged in.  Any other ideas?

thanks
Wes
" Radio Shack md440zrs>high pass filter>whopper a>d "

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:Suggestions for Sonicase bag??
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2003, 06:31:12 PM »
I think those are your two best options.  It's pretty easy to put RA connectors on cables.  But, the block supports will work just as well, I think.

Give the blocks a go - it's non-destructive - and if you don't like it or get fed up with it, then think about RA connectos.

FWIW, I used to use a cardboard spacer (I think foam blocks will be better) but it just took up too much room in my small Mountainsmith bag, so I switched to RA connectors.  Both solutions worked great.
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline rustle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Rock On!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2003, 11:48:05 PM »
Hey Wes,
 be careful on the type of foam you use, some types can melt when close to high heat (is that a 12 or a 6volt v-3?). I would go with pipe insulation, the type a plummer would use. I'm now using this on my cables going to/from my v-3 and DAT, in my Rakgear bag (laptop sits on the top of the bag), and it works great.  I would also  adjust a slot for the cable to come out on the side of the insulation.

Peace,
 ~Russell
"Once in a while you can get shone the light, In the strangest of places if you look at it right" - J. Garcia, R. Hunter

“Physical discomfort is important only when the mood is wrong. Then you fasten on to whatever thing is uncomfortable and call that the cause. But if the mood is right, then physical discomfort doesn't mean much.” - Robert Pirsig, author, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Offline crunchy

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • My List
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 01:04:03 AM »
I made a cardboard spacer for my V3. It took about 5 min to make. Its been doing the job so far.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com