Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mixer tape out left/right working separately, but both plugged in don't  (Read 3531 times)

Offline toodiesel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Hi all:

I have a peavey xr800f mixer.  When I plug in to the tape out on each individual channel to my m-audio usb fast track (older version) they work, but when I have both the left and right plugged in, they don't.  I am running the rca outs into a stereo 1/4", and plugging it into the fast track.  Does anybody have any ideas about what could be causing this?

Thanks for your time

runonce

Are these RCA outs?

What is your cabling?

Offline toodiesel

• Taperssection Newbie
Are these RCA outs?

What is your cabling?

Yes, they are rca outs.  I'm running a radio shack y adapter rca into a 1/4" stereo.

runonce

Are these RCA outs?

What is your cabling?

Yes, they are rca outs.  I'm running a radio shack y adapter rca into a 1/4" stereo.

Can the fasttrack accept stereo inputs? Some models look like they are mono input only?

Offline toodiesel

• Taperssection Newbie
yes, there is a button that can select between mono/stereo - the problem is with the mixer, the usb interface isn't the issue.  I get a signal only when left OR right is plugged in - not both. 

runonce

yes, there is a button that can select between mono/stereo - the problem is with the mixer, the usb interface isn't the issue.  I get a signal only when left OR right is plugged in - not both.

If its the model Im looking at - that button is labeled - "Input Monitor" - that may be misleading...

Is this the model in question?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FastTrackUSB/

runonce

And have you tried hooking the mixer outs to your home stereo or other device?

Offline toodiesel

• Taperssection Newbie
yes, it seems the issue is only when i'm running into the stereo 1/4" y-adapter that the issue pops up.  The adapter itself isn't the issue, i'm wondering what it could be?

runonce

yes, it seems the issue is only when i'm running into the stereo 1/4" y-adapter that the issue pops up.  The adapter itself isn't the issue, i'm wondering what it could be?

I just dont see "stereo input" listed on that feature list on the Sweetwater page...

M-Audio Fast Track USB Features:

Easy to connect and use
    Quality 24-bit/48kHz sound
    Dynamic microphone input (XLR) with gain control and signal-peak LEDs
    Switchable 1/4" instrument/line input
    Stereo 1/8" headphone output
    Stereo RCA analog output jacks
    Level control for headphones and main outputs
    USB bus-powered
    USB class compliant (Mac OS X 10.3.5 and higher) for plug-and-play operation
    ASIO and WDM support for Windows XP, compatible with GarageBand and most other music software
    Direct hardware monitoring for synchronized overdubs
    Mono switch sends input signal equally to left and right channels
    Includes GT Player Express software with professional guitar effects
    Plays standard audio files with variable speed playback
    Standalone operation featuring ReWire or works as VST plug-in

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.076 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com