Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Poll

'boomy recordings'

bomminess in recording
3 (100%)
batt box cause boominess?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: battery box questions  (Read 2428 times)

Offline bobcat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
battery box questions
« on: November 27, 2009, 03:21:36 PM »
 so my last two recordings i find the bass to be 'boomy' i thought it was the room on my first one..maybe it is ..i am not sure yet

my last show a couple weeks back i was dead centre and close to the stage..it was a bass heavy show for sure..and that recording is really boomy sounding on my good speakers..

my question is could a battery going on you cause 'boominess' in a recording? i just put the battery in in august of this year but i have had the 9 volt since 2007..says it expires 2011. their is no distortion whatever so ever and its very clean sounding except for the boominess which i dont like. 

not sure if its just the situations or somethign else..my other two recordings from august with this same battery arent boomy at all and i was kissing the stack for both shows at very loud big concerts...  thats my other concern...is it possible to damage mics if you are too close at extremely loud concerts?? i heard before that isnt a issue really. hope i didnt damage anything

so i dont know?? any ideas on this?

Offline friday

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: battery box questions
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2009, 11:18:09 AM »
You had the battery since 2007. I would try replacing it. It's just a few bucks isn't it? Expiry date is of little importance here. What is of importance is how much juice is left.

For the actual knowledgeable people I think it might help if you state what mic and what battery box you are using.

Offline itook2much

• Taperssection All-Star
  • AKA rspencer
    • my masters
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 08:15:09 PM »
The boominess was due to the show & the room.

You don't have it on the stack tapes, because, well, they're stack tapes. :)  You were extremely close and as such did not pick up the reverberation of the room (boominess).
DPA 4060 (CS HEB) > CS BB > Edirol R-09

Backups:  DPA 4060 (1/8"), SP-BMC-2, SP-SPSB-6, Sony MZ-NH1

Quote from: tomluvsgiants
rule #1 - get the show taped
rule #2 - see rule #1    >:D

Quote from: Grace Hopper
“If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.”

Offline bobcat

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 05:52:39 PM »

yes i reailze i should of stated what mics i had and battery box, i run AT853's with the sp bs 6? batt box.(u know the one without a covering and the batter shows)

good point on replacing the battery, i ran it in august at a different show and the bass is fine..but i think it is just the shows. more so the last one. the bass is clean and their is no distortion or fuzziness or any of that. its just way too bassy on my good speakers..on my headphones it sounds great! super bassy but not boomy

i found a way to take that bass out in juust the right spot..so i can listen to it on my speakers upstairs now...
 i think i was just getting a little panicky,but i think everything is ok  :)

what i really need now is a battery tester in my stalking!!! thats probably the best idea yet!!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 05:55:33 PM by bobcat »

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.041 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com