Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Omni configs  (Read 7991 times)

Jason B

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Omni configs
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2004, 10:33:01 AM »
and run blumlein the closer to the source? outdoors? like bonaroo? always figure 8? Is that like xy?

Yes, yes amd yes. I really only like to run BLumlein when on-stage. I think you can pick up too much unwanted sound when running in the crowd. Blumlein is like XY with LD's, with the mics set to the figure 8 pattern...

Offline plucks

• 1pt21Gigawatts!
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Maybe the grass is greener on the other side
    • 1pt21gw.blogspot.com
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2004, 06:34:35 PM »
^bingo!
"Then you have those who are completely loyal to Trey. Of course, they are the Republicans. Trey can play horribly, make mistakes, probably lie to the audience yet his backers will not waiver in their staunch support of him." | You may ask your self, how do you get a free bottle of champagne at dinner?  "Guest on Guest Violence"
1pt21gw.blogspot.com | vimeo HD videos! | the new Signal Path

Dirty Business down on Coal Creek

Jason B

« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2004, 12:18:24 PM »
In my personal experiences, when Blumlein is run on-stage, you pick up the perfect amount of audience noise and chatter. The low crowd rumble between songs, with the occasional whoot and cheer. It blends perfectly with the music though when on-stage. I guess this can really differ depending on the venue and stage setup, as I know some stages in some places are merely raised by only a foot. The venue where I run on-stage has the stage at the pefect height, and the acoustics on the stage are simply awesome. The best stage tapes I've ever made come out of this venue, with the stage at about 4 1/2' high, and the crowd kept away from the stage with a barrier by about 2' to 3'.

Offline wboswell

• Don't call what you're wearing an outfit
    • Trey Woodruff on guitar
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2004, 10:48:23 PM »
Don't forget blumlien outdoors with open skies and flat ground...  perfect scenario

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2004, 10:51:33 PM »
I may try blumlein at Odyssey fest in 2 weeks, although its shaping up to be a four word answer:

TEAM BAMA JECKLIN DISC
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

Jason B

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2004, 11:02:31 PM »
Don't forget blumlien outdoors with open skies and flat ground...  perfect scenario

To me the only perfect scenario is on-stage. There is still too much unwanted sound behind the mics to be picked up when in the middle of a crowd.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.51 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com