Gear / Technical Help > Microphones & Setup

New Nevaton MC59/S microphones in action

(1/5) > >>

Popmarter:
Went out this week to work with my new Nevaton MC59 / S microphones (matched pair) > MixPre-3 II. Had to go in  >:D mode using Kangool (70°  few cm apart, front). I uses a bit of tape to tighten the cables as I looked 'kinda' fragile (for  >:D that is)
Mics are tiny, but not that tiny. Had to make holes in the Kangool to get them nice facing. Use a custom design mount from srs@srsrecordingservices.com (on shapeways).

Level was set to 20 on the MixPre, which was perfect. Only a few moments it went around 3db in red, but no problem with 32bit floating (48khz).

DFC in a small venue (400 people), with hanging PA (2 Adamson SX18 top and 2 Adamson A215 sub, each side).

Here is a sample
https://soundcloud.com/user-620536679/nevaton-mc59s-microphones-sample

Any clever comments or questions on this? I think we have a winner here. The bass is quite heavy, but this might as well be the room and the fact the mics were partly hidden. I have a open taping concert in a few weeks and will post a new sample than.

If anyone feels like doing a fine remastering job, get in touch!

blee421:
I’m very interested in these mics. What did you end up paying for a matched set? You get XLR or the hardwired version?

Your clip sounds fantastic. Super clean  :headphones:

blee421:
I see the hardwired. Were the xlr’s more?

dactylus:

--- Quote from: blee421 on January 30, 2020, 12:51:32 AM ---I see the hardwired. Were the xlr’s more?

--- End quote ---

^
http://nevaton.eu/product/nevaton-mc-59-super-small-condenser-microphone/?fbclid=IwAR2_CriWVcr4jD5--C3JxPI86fP6mqR3mO5K6aRi6PAI3_uQu_EMq03iqgA

XLR's are longer and heavier overall.  They were the same price as the hard wired when I picked up my hard wired matched pair.  It appears that the matched pair of XLR's are now 60 € cheaper than a hard wired matched pair.

I'm bummed that I haven't been able to run my pair due to health issues on my end.

audBall:
Late last year, I inquired about a "complete" set, including matched cardioids/wide-cardioids/omnis with a pair of hardwired "S" cables (5m each). 

I was quoted approximately $2710 USD, including shipping to USA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version