Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ADS PB-1500 bass module w/ C1500 crossover, anyone run this? Got a manual?  (Read 3111 times)

Offline utahtaper

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
I just got one second hand. Unit was broke and I took the bass module apart to find the push/pull trannys fried on one side of the amp. Replaced them and heard it for a couple mins before it fried again. Well it turns out that the RCA inputs on the bottom of the module had a cracked solder joint that went unnoticed by me on the first run of repair. I was hoping someone out there had the original manual or specs for this unit. Anyone? I suspect that the module has to be hooked up to the C1500 to operate properly? Anyhow after correcting the dry joints and replacing the trannys again it's up and running and burning in. Complements my L1290's nicely. I know this unit is rare and I only find a couple mentions of it when I googled it. Was hoping some people with more experience with this unit could give me some pointers. I really would like to know what all the knobs do on the C1500!
Recording:
SKM 140's>LC3>ACM660

Playback:
Tascam DA30MKII DAT player
Jolida Tube CD player

Sota Saphire w/grado TLZ> Melos 333> Melos 400 monoblocks> Legacy Focus

Mcintosh MR71>c22>MC60 monoblocks

Offline Jimna

• Zappa for President
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Audio DeutchKraft & Busman Audio
    • F.M.Record Company
Re: ADS PB-1500 bass module w/ C1500 crossover, anyone run this? Got a manual?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 07:54:23 AM »
if no one here can help, try a hifi site like audio circle or the likes.  more people with this type gear will be listening.  good luck.
Co-Founder of F.M.Recording 
SD: Busman Audio BSC1-K1/K2/K3/K4 > Grace Lunatec V3 > Busman Hybrid R4
LD: ADK A-51TL MP > Busman Hybrid R4
+ 48 Channel Multi-track rig

Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 2x Extender Mark III, Canon 15mm f2.8, Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM, Canon 100mm Macro f2.8, Canon 16-35mm L f2.8, Canon 24-70mm L f/2.8, Canon 70-200mm L f2.8 IS, Canon ST-E2, Canon 580ex II (x2), Canon 430ex II, PocketWizard PLUS II(x4), Radiopopper PX System

http://jmimna.com/

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty
Beauty is not love
Love is not music
Music is THE BEST
-FZ

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.052 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com