Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AKG K-140 STEREO HEADPHONES  (Read 2660 times)

Offline shroominhumpy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • Team Ghetto Rig--Cheap gear. Sick Tapes.
AKG K-140 STEREO HEADPHONES
« on: March 03, 2004, 06:40:16 PM »
How do these sound. I know they are old school, but who doesn't love owning some fun old school stuff. What will I need to drive these "little" babies. They are 600 ohm headphones. These will require an amp won't they? Any info is appreciated.

Jason
If mass communications blend together harmoniously, and often unnoticeably, art, politics, religion, and philosophy with commercials, they bring these realms of culture to their common denominator—the commodity form. The music of the soul is also the music of salesmanship.
Herbert Marcuse

Offline RastaFish

• Taperssection Regular
  • RastaFish Vibration, yeeaaah....Positive!
    • music to trade!
Re:AKG K-140 STEREO HEADPHONES
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 10:03:15 AM »
600 ohm will likely require an amp, but can't you get the 140's in a "studio" model rated at 60 ohms that don't?  I picked up a pair of the k240's two weeks ago and I love them.  I got the "studio" model and they play just fine on my home stereo's amp.  Although I love them they are very revealing - you hear the good and the bad in every recording.  Personally I prefer their sound to other headphones I checked out but I can see where some people would find them to be too revealing!  

I do most of my listening in headphones now, these big ass Klipsch speakers are going dormant in my living room thanks to these AKG cans...

Offline super-phat-al

• Vulture Shit, heard of it?
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am a real American
Re:AKG K-140 STEREO HEADPHONES
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 08:31:05 PM »
I say go with the 240s.  I have a pair that is about 25 years old that were my dad's.  Never heard a better pair of headphones.  they're great.  

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.037 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com