Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Acoustic Research AR5 Subwoofer cone replacement  (Read 2276 times)

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
Acoustic Research AR5 Subwoofer cone replacement
« on: February 02, 2007, 03:18:51 AM »
Hey all... So years ago before Acoustic Research sold out to Audiovox I got a great deal on a set of a 7 surround speaker system.  My main 2 front speakers are the AR5 Titanium units which are powered and have the built in subs are driven by bob carver sunfire amps.  I know.... Some hate powered speakers and are about to stop reading at this point.  If you keep reading these speakers kick ass for the price point and sound amazing.  The one thing that has always bothered me is that the sunfire amps when cranked outperform the sub cones that were built into the speakers.  I ended up adding a cheep but good HSU sub for some extra bass which gave me enough to rattle my neighbors walls (2 houses away.)

Anyway... At this point I am thinking that I want to get rid of the HSU and replace the subwoofer cones in the AR5 to be able to really handle the sunfires properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions to subwoofer cone replacements?  The cones are 10".

Stay Kind,
Dana

(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • formerly OtherOneK
Re: Acoustic Research AR5 Subwoofer cone replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 10:59:33 PM »
Contact Partsexpresss that will have spaeker replacement parts for you.  I am pretty sure they sell a similar sub woofer cone that was used in the sub built by bob carver, who also made the sunfire amp.

http://www.partsexpress.com/

Contact them and get the catalog sent to your house.  They list more speakers with pictures in their catalog.

Peace JK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.084 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com