Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Extra long runtime L-ion battery  (Read 3682 times)

Offline Myco

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Extra long runtime L-ion battery
« on: July 23, 2008, 07:32:23 PM »
A little pricey, but by the looks of it you could run a 12V recorder or pre-amp almost all weekend with this puppy.

http://www.bixnet.com/suslloruntie.html
Microtech Gefell M200: M20/M21/M27 caps> Bumblebee MiAGi-II/Darktrain silver cable's/"Chuck" Belden cables> Aerco MP-2 or Busman modded DR-680 pre-amps> Darktrain cables & interconnects> Tascam DR-680 (Busman mod)
AT853's(card's/hyper's)>AT8533x>Aerco MP-2>Sony M10

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
    • My LMA collection
Re: Extra long runtime L-ion battery
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 11:10:12 PM »
Huh. This could be the answer I've been looking for.  The AD2K I own has been in the closet for the last 6 months or so mainly because I hate lugging the lead batteries around.  It looks like I could also power my Microtrack simultaneously since there are both 5 and 12v outputs.  I may have to have Ed make me a cable for the AD2K.  Does this sound feasible guys? It's expensive, but is super high cap..

???

FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline Jhurlbs81

• My LMA collection
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 11:18:21 PM »
Features/Specifications:
(1) Powerful, 160~170 Watt-hours extensive power supply with long operating time.
(2) 3 Outputs: 19V, 12V, 5V. Wide compatibility, widely applied to laptop computers, Portable DVD, PDA and other devices.
Note: Do not use three output ports at same time; Do not use two or more than two ports when the battery is under charge status.
Current output:
..19V port: 0~6A
..12V port: 0~2A
..USB Port: 0~1A
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline boojum

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 01:55:56 AM »
Great for festival recording.  And the price will come down.
Nov schmoz kapop.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 09:38:08 AM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Universal-External-High-Cap-20Ah-Battery-for-laptop_W0QQitemZ120285336840QQihZ002QQcategoryZ64472QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

check out these. for the money, I don't think they can be beat. Was thinking about buying one, but decided I didn't need anything that beefy for my needs. I went with a 4000 mAh 19V that will power my Lemosax for 100 hours.

Offline Jhurlbs81

• My LMA collection
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008, 07:03:43 PM »
Pretty sure the AD2K draws around an amp.  So I'd get roughly 20 hours with this batt?  I really never tape more than 6-8 hours in a day.  What other 12v (external universal style) options have you guys found?..I can't seem to find them or I'm not looking in the right place. 

Is that capacity right, 20,000mAH?!  That seems to good to be true..

FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 01:05:07 PM »

Is that capacity right, 20,000mAH?!  That seems to good to be true..

That is what I was thinking but they have several of them listed and the seller has 19658 transactions with a 99.5% rating. I would message them about the 20,000 mAh/74 WH rating and get them to specify if that is at the 19V or 5V setting.

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 06:28:27 PM »
Has anyone tried using motorcycle batteries? You could get two of these and wire them in parallel. Don't ask me how. haha. I just know its what I want to do for my camera. two of these and a solar pannel for a trickle charge and I think you would be set!
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 09:11:22 PM »
Yeah, but for $100 more you get this.

"This Universal External Battery is designed to give the mobile computer user extra runtime. You no longer have to worry about limited battery capacity for your mobile devices. This external battery combines a high capacity 171 Watt Hours rechargeable Lithium-Polymer battery and a modular design. With 12 modular connectors available, it is possible for powering most of notebook computers on market."

and this refers to using the battery at 19V, 12V would make it even longer.. correct?

yeah, that is almost double the price. weight? dimensions? is it pratical for our use?

Offline Red Boink

• Trade Count: (27)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 12:46:02 AM »
I use both nimh and lion NP1 batteries.  they are rugged and powerfull, highly recommended...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.088 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com