Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: DAT Transfer>HOSA>D50/Macbook Pro No Go?  (Read 1829 times)

Offline gormenghast

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Taperssection Member
DAT Transfer>HOSA>D50/Macbook Pro No Go?
« on: October 22, 2014, 08:17:25 PM »
I finally got around to buy the Hosa 312 to use between my Sony D10 ProII and the Macbook Pro and D50.  I get an unknown data message on the D50.  Trying to go into my Macbook I see I have no option for digital input using the optical cable.  Any other options besides going analog in to either devices?  My daughter's Macbook ( white ) does the same thing.

I there another recorder out there that has an optical input?

Thanks for any suggestions.
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Qualified
Re: DAT Transfer>HOSA>D50/Macbook Pro No Go?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:47:12 PM »
Does the Hosa box meet the current IEC-958 and AES3 specifications? I know the D50 and some newer recorders have trouble accepting a digital signal from some older devices.

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 10:36:19 PM »
I'm not sure about current specifications.  Didn't know there was  ???

Just checked my kid's Mac mini and it has optical in/out.  I have another in storage and will check it. 
A lot of people run a race to see who is the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts, who can punish himself into exhausting pace, and then at the end, punish himself even more.

Offline gormenghast

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 04:43:04 PM »
The other Mac mini also had an optical in/out jack.  Using Audacity I transferred a recorded DAT.  Saved the project and exported the wav file.  There was something else saved. I'd like to work on this recording on my macbook.  Do I copy the project file and he wav file?  The other one I mentioned too?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.141 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com