Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mini-me standalone thoughts  (Read 21719 times)

Tim

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:mini-me standalone thoughts
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2003, 02:26:48 PM »
So Trey if you didn't have the 148 you would run the MiniMe pre? That just struck me as interesting...

I don't think I've ever heard your comments on the MiniMe pre... would love to know what you think!

Tim

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2003, 02:27:43 PM »
Oh yeah and I second that emotion on the 148... if you want some punch nothing beats the 148!

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2003, 02:37:10 PM »
I find the pre in the mini me to be very similiar to the v2 in that it is transparent. I am now running soem very good sounding mics that I am not very interested in coloring the sound of. I do, however, enjoy the coloration of the oade m148 as I feel it adds MORE. More clarity better around the edges, and it is a very quiet preamp. My feeling is that you should be happy with your mics and feel comfortable with the way they sound with no coloration. You can still add coloration but the mics have to start the equation for me. The preamp can either pass the signal (transparent) or color it somehow, yet I feel both are coloring it. I think the pre in the mini me is as good as any other pre amp out there barring the oade m148, yet why I am about to buy a v3 I am unsure. Does anyone have any experience running a pre infront of the v3?
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

DaryanLenz

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2003, 04:03:07 PM »
Well, I am gonna sell the ad1k, as I feel it is about time to get rid of it anyway.  I think the mini-me will be just as good, and it will be fixable when it breaks...which has been really worrying me with the ad1k lately, especially considering I tape in small bars all the time.  I am gonna run some comparisions with the sax and the mini-me, then decide what to do.  My ears tell me from all of the samples I have heard that I will like the minime mic in, but we shall see.  

Daryan

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2003, 04:10:33 PM »
I am sure you will like the mini-me.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
  • "What we all need is a left hand monkey wrench."
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2003, 04:11:53 PM »
if you run an external Pre with gain adjustment, what is the use of going mic-> in?  or are you just talking about eliminating the Sax altogether and using the Mme pre only?

you get the Mme, then you're gonna havta get a Lappy for some 24 bit action.  hehe...    

regardless, when you get ready to get rid of the Sax, give me a holler.  ;)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2003, 07:02:23 PM »
responding to a few posts at once

>> I guess what I meant by the best, is that it's currently the best portable A/D out there now. There is always room for improvement. Look forward to checking out the V3 next weekend to see how it stacks up.<<

I am 100% sold on the v3, at least with 4022s (and yes i've definitely given the minime it's fair chance).

>> Well, I can't lie, I love the apogee sound.  How does the a/d section compare to the ad1k? <<

i ran a minime/ad1k comparison at 10-11-02 mule if you want that

« Last Edit: March 14, 2003, 07:02:49 PM by scott brown »

DaryanLenz

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2003, 07:09:17 PM »
Scott, would love to hear the ad1k/mme comparison.  Well, I got a couple really good offers on the ad1k, so I am probably going to sell as I am worried about the potential of it breaking...and not getting it fixed.  Scott, I will let you know what I think in the next few weeks...wanna let me borrow your mini-me for a week in a couple weeks for the moe run so I can decide?? ;)

Daryan

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2003, 02:18:12 PM »
when exactly?
let me know if i can upload the minime/ad1k comparison anywhere, though like i said i like the v3 :)

scott

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2003, 02:57:52 PM »
Scott, I will let you know what I think in the next few weeks...wanna let me borrow your mini-me for a week in a couple weeks for the moe run so I can decide?? ;)

Daryan

sure, D. you can borrow it.  ;)

when is moe tour/ what ya got coming up?
here's what i have in the near future:

SKB 03/28/03 Madison, Wi./ Luther's Blues
DTB 04/08/03 Milwaukee, Wi./ Pabst Tre.
Vida Blue 04/09/03 Chicago, Il./ Vic Tre.

havta coordinate with Kempka and see what he's taping also.

lemme know and we'll set it up.

~S

DaryanLenz

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2003, 04:35:31 PM »
3/29 moe in ames, IA
4/2 moe in NE
4/3 moe in Iowa City, IA

OM Trio wed.  We should meet up soon.

Daryan

Offline hippies

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2003, 06:53:08 PM »
you should hit up the Kimock in Madison.  it's a Fri night, and i think there are still tix avail.  local crew OWNS the Stage taping scene for this show.  ;)

DaryanLenz

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2003, 02:03:40 PM »
Moe is playing in Madison on the 30th or 31st I think, at the barrymore.  I might come up...you all coming or what?

Daryan

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2003, 03:50:49 PM »
Rev Kev is runnin' a mme these days!! Man, I haven't seen him in ages...  Does he run it with the 480's?? I'm thinking i might just spring for a mme... Trey, are you ready to take the smack Ben is gonna give you for running a V3??  You Panic guy's hitting any festivals up north?
SC

Offline twoodruff

• Trade Count: (91)
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2003, 05:40:25 PM »
I  am not coming north again this summer, baby on the way!!! F Ben, he ran a v2 and a m248 whats he gots to say???

Trey
No Mics
Clamps
Cables
No Preamp
Recorders

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.142 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com