Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Artifacts added to video during digital transfer?  (Read 1889 times)

Offline t4oo6l

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Artifacts added to video during digital transfer?
« on: July 25, 2006, 12:22:57 PM »
I recently had a filmer friend of mine transfer one of his tapes, an old vhs master from 92.  He had it professionally transferred and he also did another digital transfer himself via dazzle dvd.  Exactly what was done I don't know.  But on both transfers there seems to be this grayishness all over the place, like the contrast was messed up and way too low or something like that.  Is this common? Does that happen on digital transfers sometimes from vhs (master) to dvd?  If so, can I clean it up via vegas video or some other program without really ruining the recording?

Thanks for any iput.
CSB > Edirol R-09
SBD > NJB3

Offline guitard

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Artifacts added to video during digital transfer?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:48:18 AM »
I recently had a filmer friend of mine transfer one of his tapes, an old vhs master from 92.  He had it professionally transferred and he also did another digital transfer himself via dazzle dvd.  Exactly what was done I don't know.  But on both transfers there seems to be this grayishness all over the place, like the contrast was messed up and way too low or something like that.  Is this common? Does that happen on digital transfers sometimes from vhs (master) to dvd?  If so, can I clean it up via vegas video or some other program without really ruining the recording?

Thanks for any iput.
How does the original tape look?  Are you saying the original looks fine, but after the transfer this analog noise shows up in the picture?

I'd start here for how you can correct this in Vegas (you'll have to sign up by leaving your email address):

http://vasst.com/article.aspx?id=b6ae8dc8-1929-4047-9ce9-d8621e39d313&type=1

Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.046 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com