Gear / Technical Help > Cables

Light weight thin XLR mic cable

(1/2) > >>

RMayberry:
anyone know where I can get a 15' XLR(or longer) mic cable that is thin/light weight?

It's for 1 mic, I need XLR female on 1 end > XLR male BUT, I want the wire to be light weight and thinner than standard XLR mic cable.
Suggestions?

rippleish20:
Have Ted make one. The ones he makes are thin & lightweight...

fobstl:

--- Quote from: rippleish20 on January 30, 2017, 05:01:53 PM ---Have Ted make one. The ones he makes are thin & lightweight...

--- End quote ---
Yep

F.O.Bean:
Agreed on having Ted or Robb[Darktrain] make you a custom cable for cheaper!

I still really like the military spec silver clad copper cabling in the white jacket. Sounds great and has a decently small diameter. But if you want to go even smaller diameter-wise on the cabling, I suggest the exact same Mogami cable that Schoepsnbox uses on his NBob Collette's/KCY's/Active Cables. My NBob KCY has been used extensively, and I can't accurately read the lettering and words on the cabling, otherwise I could tell you exactly which Mogami cable that I'm talking about! Now, if you don't want to go the mil-spec silver clad copper route, or the smaller Mogami cable route that the NBob Actives uses, then I HIGHLY recommend the thicker Mogami Quad mic cable! That's what I had Mr. Naiant make my new +60v PFA's with, and to put some black techflex on that, and now they are BULLETPROOF! Seriously durable and indestructible with that Mogami Quad and Techflex ;D

That's my $0.02 and 3 cable recommendations. As always, YMMV ;)

yug du nord:
Belden 1804a

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version