Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Reverb in multitrack mixdown?  (Read 5515 times)

runonce

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Reverb in multitrack mixdown?
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »
For fake reverb - I like to clone the source I want to wet.

then - apply the reverb to that - and then bring that extra trackset into the mix.

Makes it a little easier to get the right blend or amount of effect/blend.

Kind of the same approach some use on a mixing live - bringing the effects back on their own fader, rather than the insert.

Nothing Reaper specific - but basic enough it should work.

Offline page

• Trade Count: (25)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • #TeamRetired
Re: Reverb in multitrack mixdown?
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 11:09:54 PM »
For fake reverb - I like to clone the source I want to wet.

then - apply the reverb to that - and then bring that extra trackset into the mix.

Makes it a little easier to get the right blend or amount of effect/blend.

Kind of the same approach some use on a mixing live - bringing the effects back on their own fader, rather than the insert.

Nothing Reaper specific - but basic enough it should work.

yep, I agree in that it's easier to control it that way. Only word of caution is to see if your plugin incorporates any delay. I've caught a couple with a few samples, but enough that if I did a mix of the two tracks, I'd hear comb filtering (just a little bit, in the upper registers, but a spectrogram of each track and then the mix confirmed it). In Reaper, you can render to new tracks and mute and then see what sort of sample delay you need to compensate with on the original track, and that works, just little gotchas to keep in mind.  :-\
"This is a common practice we have on the bus; debating facts that we could easily find through printed material. It's like, how far is it today? I think it's four hours, and someone else comes in at 11 hours, and well, then we'll... just... talk about it..." - Jeb Puryear

"Nostalgia ain't what it used to be." - Jim Williams

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com