Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audioroot UpreMKII  (Read 18563 times)

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
  • Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Audioroot UpreMKII
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2015, 06:53:39 PM »
Ok . So I order the upre mk 11 from threw audio on 11/ 21/15 . And still no upre . Keep hearing its on its way . Now they say next week! Any one else order this box and did you have to wait this long?

I had been discussing the uPRE2 and the Femto and decided to wait for a uPRE2, then waited a few months before the uPRE2 was released. Once I received an email from audioroot that the product was available I got back in touch with Justin at pro-sound, paid for the product and waited for it to be shipped from France to NY then on to the west coast. Total time from payment made to product in my hand was just under three weeks and I actually had it in-hand before FedEx's estimated arrival in NY. With overseaes shipping and forwarding during the holiday period, one month isn't an inordinately long time, imo.

Offline old and in the way

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2015, 08:49:26 PM »
Thanks . I'll hang in there . Was hoping to have this for my xmas present to my self . But as they say (all good things to those who wait).

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2016, 02:19:30 PM »
Well it finally arrived . No manual to go to so I've been playing around with it. A couple questions . HP switch . Which way is on which way is off ? . Also should the adc be off if you run anolog line in to a small deck such as m10 ! I have a canare bcj xj trs on order and a bnc to rca 75 ohm cable on its way so I can go spdif if want. Anyway it's a sweet little box . I'll give it a spin real soon

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2016, 02:51:07 PM »
Well it finally arrived . No manual to go to so I've been playing around with it. A couple questions . HP switch . Which way is on which way is off ? .

I wondered about that too. I think It is Left is OFF, Right is ON; but am on the road and this laptop doesn't have my notes from when I asked that question. (It might be on a USB drive I have with me but it'll be this evening before I can check).

Many features are the same as it's predecessor, the uPRE. Some questions can be answered by looking/printing that manual.

Also should the adc be off if you run anolog line in to a small deck such as m10 ! I have a canare bcj xj trs on order and a bnc to rca 75 ohm cable on its way so I can go spdif if want. Anyway it's a sweet little box . I'll give it a spin real soon

Not sure if the ADC should be off as I always run mine AES digi out. I'm not even sure if both ADC and analog outs are active simultaneously.

One word of caution: Everyready/Energizer Ultimate Lithium 9volts (the ones with almost square corners) are a very tight fit and extremely difficult to remove. No problems with standard Energizers or any of the various Duracell models. I now run mine almost exclusively via the Hirose connector.

I've found the "Live Chat" feature on Audioroot's homepage to be a very good place to ask questions. Most times I've found it is Antoinne (the company founder/owner/president) responding.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 08:30:35 AM by flipp »

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2016, 04:56:33 AM »
Well my upre mk11 works aes to my 744t but will not work spdif to my pmd 661 .
I've tried a canare transformer to convert it to spdif but it won't recognize. All I get is a digi error message. I may try a  hossa cdl313 converter . But that may not work as I have conversed with Antoine at audio root. He said its set at a pro setting and would need to have a jumper soldered to get a consumer spdif signal. I don't really want to do that. As that would nix the aes .anyone have an idea for a solution?

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 06:46:33 AM »

Very interesting thread!!  Thanks for the info.

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline flipp

• resident curmudgeon
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2016, 12:26:01 AM »
I just checked the manuals page @ audioroot for the first time this year and see there is finally a manual for the uPRE-MKII. I have no idea how long it has been posted.

http://www.audioroot.fr/manuels/uPRE_MKII_USER_MANUAL.pdf

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com