Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Preamp repair - NY/CT area?  (Read 1930 times)

Offline chk

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
Preamp repair - NY/CT area?
« on: March 31, 2015, 11:17:41 AM »
Hi guys- I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good electronics repair man....I have a solid state preamp, a Morrison ELAD, which has a slight hum in the right channel, gets louder as you turn the volume up. 
I have spoken to Don Morrison (who built it) and he suggested someone who he works with in the Philly area (instead of shipping it back to Toronto where Don is located).  He didn't think it sounded like a major repair, but I'd rather do it locally since shipping this thing will cost a fortune (the power supply unit is a heavy beast). 

I want to make sure the ol' girl is well-taken care of....if anyone can make recommendation, I would greatly appreciate it.  I am probably going to end up selling it, and would like to make sure it's perfect before I do...thanks

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Breakfast
Re: Preamp repair - NY/CT area?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 10:51:05 AM »
chk if you go with someone or get a good rec please let me know. I'm in the general area you are and if someone doesn't buy my mambo may look to getting it touched up etc
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 26 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com