Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Which is the best 24 bit external soundcard in 2015? finally transfering my stuf  (Read 4131 times)

Offline Darren

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
I have a ton of analog audio and video tapes and vinyl.

As of this week I will have a 100% new PC that is being built for me.  No expense spared!  :)

What is the best, glitch free external sound card that you can recommend?  I will be transferring a ton of my old off air video tapes so a dedicated digital recorder won't do.

Thanks in advance.  I am looking forward to getting started on this.  :)   :D

Offline barrettphisher

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
I always had my eye on the terratec dmx6 external card.  Had the internal one in my xp machine and loved it. 
Barrett
Mics: ADK A51 TL's C12s, at853's (card, hyper, sub, and omni caps), Michael Joly Premium Electronics Modded Oktava mk012s (Card, Hyper and Omni caps), Busman BSC1 Stereo Kit, and Oktava 319.
Pres: V3 opti/M-S Modded, BM2p+ UA5, church audio 9100, 3 wire BB
Recorders:  Busman Mod Tascam DR-680, ACM HD-P2, HD-P2, MT2 x2, D50, M10, JB3 x2, M1, D8

Offline pdxdanmusic

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • pdxtaper
Sound Devices USB Pre 2 can handle most everything most likely.

stevetoney

Sound Devices USB Pre 2 can handle most everything most likely.

Since you said money was not a factor, I'd consider the above or I'd look at an external stand alone DAC and headphone amp combo...something like a Schitt Bitfrost + Lyr2 would run something like $800.  You'll probably find better quality in stand alone components than in a soundcard and more options for use after your project is finished.  If you want to go REALLY high end, I've heard a couple of DAC/Amp combos that just blew me away...only $5 grand or so.   :P

df

Universal Apollo Duo for pc, or Apogee Duet 1 or 2 if you have mac.

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (40)
  • Needs to get out more...
While they're not very expensive, I've had great results with Focusrite interfaces.  Excellent mic preamps, and the models from $250-$300 on up have digital input, multiple TRS line I/O, etc.  Software mixing / routing control is great also.  I've been using the Saffire Pro 14 (FireWire) for the last several years and it is rock solid.  The Scarlett line is the USB range, and they have a Clarett thunderbolt range also.  The other lines are the very high-end options, probably far beyond your needs.
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.
- Gustav Mahler

Acoustic Recording Techniques
Team Classical
Team Line Audio
Team DPA

Offline Darren

• Taperssection Newbie
Basically I am looking for something with two line inputs.  RCA or better to connect the VCR to and record the audio.  Video will be recorded directly to the hard drive at the same time. 

Not really need a mic preamp.

I am getting a new PC built for me very soon and this is what it will be used on.  It is going to be mainly a transfer machine.  I have a lot of stuff going back to the late 1980s.  :o

For stand alone 24 bit recorders, I am getting one of those too for the audio stuff I have.

Any more suggestions on external sound devises are welcome.  It looks like my budget on that will be $350, tops.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:22:15 PM by Darren »

Offline larrysellers

• Trade Count: (35)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Qualified

Offline Darren

• Taperssection Newbie
I would go for the Mytek ADC.  ---> https://mytekdigital.com/professional/products/stereo-96-adc/

Price is too steep for me sadly.

The audio, at best, that is being transfered is Hi Fi VHS.   Video will be recorded directly to the hard drive at the same time. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 10:22:43 PM by Darren »

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Not an expert by any means, but if you're trying to capture the audio and video from your VHS tapes onto your computer, you might be best off using a capture device that can do both at once and create a video file that includes the audio info in a single capture -- that way you wouldn't need to re-sync the audio back into the video. What are you planning on using to capture video?

Offline Darren

• Taperssection Newbie
Not an expert by any means, but if you're trying to capture the audio and video from your VHS tapes onto your computer, you might be best off using a capture device that can do both at once and create a video file that includes the audio info in a single capture -- that way you wouldn't need to re-sync the audio back into the video. What are you planning on using to capture video?

A video card.

Am looking at a new, highend Sony VHS player for the extracting of video and audio.  I assumed that the PC would record the audio and video simultaneously from the video card and audio devise.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.055 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com