Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PMD-620 Oade Concert Mod  (Read 2186 times)

Offline bogusjack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
PMD-620 Oade Concert Mod
« on: February 13, 2016, 09:17:21 PM »
Over in the yard sale forum I saw a message from someone looking for a PMD-620 with an Oade Concert Mod and it gave eme a chance to reflect back a few years.

About 6 years ago I purchased a used PMD-620 which I still have and use occasionally. More recently I went to the Tascam DR-2D as my go to recorder. When I primarily had only the PMD-620 I sent Oade Brothers an email asking them if they would do the Concert Mod on my PMD-620. They replied they only do the Mod on units that are purchased new from them - no exceptions.

I always wanted that Mod. Does anyone know if any of our skilled technicians in our forum capable and willing to do this Mod?

Thanks.

Offline bombdiggity

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: PMD-620 Oade Concert Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:52:33 PM »
Hey J.  Hope things are well.  Their mods are, as far as I know, exclusive (I don't think anyone can ID exactly what they do).  That said one of these could turn up in the YS one day if it turns up anywhere. 
Gear:
Audio:
Schoeps MK4V
Nak CM-100/CM-300 w/ CP-1's or CP-4's
SP-CMC-25
>
Oade C mod R-44  OR
Tinybox > Sony PCM-M10 (formerly Roland R-05) 
Video: Varied, with various outboard mics depending on the situation

Offline aaronji

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 07:05:21 AM »
I would send Doug an e-mail and ask again.  On his 620 page, it still says that he will only upgrade machines he sells, but on the upgrades page there are prices for 620 mods...

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (62)
  • Maplewood, MN
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 10:12:10 AM »
I'm pretty sure that Doug will now do the mods on gear that is NOT purchased from him.  The best way to contact him is via e-mail or phone.  i think that he will do the mod for you.  The price for that particular mod is now $175.

The following Upgrades are available for any Digital Recorders in good working order.  Please note, our upgrade voids the factory warranty.
If we did not sell the machine with an upgrade installed, we warranty only the parts we put in, not the entire machine.

Please contact Doug Oade via E-mail to obtain an RMA number as well as shipping and payment instructions.

Marantz PMD 620 Concert MOD - $175

All prices include return shipping and insurance in the 48 states. Shipping cost to Hawaii and Alaska are higher We do not ship outside of the USA, sorry but no exceptions.

http://www.oade.com/digital_recorders/hard_disc_recorders/upgrades.html
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 11:14:55 AM by dactylus »
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline bogusjack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 10:43:56 PM »
Okay thanks for the link and for letting me know.  I may reach out to Doug.

As I mentioned, I began using the Tascam DR-2D during this past year. I really like the small form of the Marantz. The Tascam unit is a little bigger.

For those that have and use the concert mod, is the upgrade worthy of doing? Will I hear a noticeable difference over the Tascam?  Currently my thoughts are the Tascam performs slightly better than the stock Marantz.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com