Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ca ugly box 2 preamp  (Read 4032 times)

Offline firemt66

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
ca ugly box 2 preamp
« on: February 22, 2016, 10:00:26 AM »
hello, does this have enough metal for the detectors to go off? i would like to assume those metal wands/walk thrus are mainly for alot of hard metal like weapons.if they did set it off i would have thought i would see something on this.thanks for any input.scott

Offline jagraham

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: ca ugly box 2 preamp
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 12:54:51 PM »
Probably not. I have a CA ugly Pre II and haven't attempted to take it through metal detectors, but the thing is mostly plastic. I would send the 9V battery in the tray though because it's more likely to set the detector off.
Mics: Nak CM-300s, Nak CM-100s, CP-1s, CP-2s, AT-853s(Cards, Hypers, Omnis) CA-14s(Cards, Omnis)
Pres: CA STC-9200, CA-UBB
Recorders: Tascam DR-70D, DR-2D, Edirol R-09

ISO: 1 Teac ME-120, CP-3 Caps, AT-853 Subcard Caps

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 05:51:41 PM »
hello, does this have enough metal for the detectors to go off? i would like to assume those metal wands/walk thrus are mainly for alot of hard metal like weapons.if they did set it off i would have thought i would see something on this.thanks for any input.scott
There is not enough metal in the preamp to set off anything. But like others have mentioned the 9v battery might be more challenging.. I would suspect a 9v maha rechargable would go mostly undetected.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline rockphantom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:41:25 AM »
I have a question related to the CA Ugly 2 preamp. Would leaving a 9 volt battery in the tray deplete the battery quicker, opposed to removing it when the Ugly 2 is not in use? I've noticed that removing the battery after every taping session puts unnecessary pressure on the connection points. I'd rather just leave each nine volt in the tray until it dies.
Deck: Sony PCM-M10 Preamp: Church Audio Ugly 2 Mics: CA-11 Cardioids,CA-14 Cardioids
FS: Soundman OKMII Rock Binaural FS: CA-14 Omnis.

Offline firemt66

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 10:10:57 AM »
ive been told that the battery is not being used untill you plug the mics in and the red light lite comes on

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 08:40:13 PM »
ive been told that the battery is not being used untill you plug the mics in and the red light lite comes on
That is correct.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.064 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com