Gear / Technical Help > Remote Power

185Wh Battery w/ charger for only $135

(1/4) > >>

H₂O:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YP823NA

Pretty good deal IMO - This is over 3x as many Wh as the Naztech PB15000 (which is a 55.5Wh battery)- i.e. will last 3x longer!

It has 20V, 12V and 5V outputs.

voltronic:
Looks like a good deal.  The big plus of the Naztech is the adjustable voltage, and this one has only 3 fixed levels.  But that seems like a decent trade-off for the much higher capacity. 

What would be really nice to see in a future product like this would be to make the 20V and 12V outputs each adjustable over a range, while leaving the USB outputs fixed at 5V at the two different standard current outputs.  I'm thinking of powering two different pro recorders or a recorder and preamp, each at 12V or 16V from the same battery, eliminating the need for a distribution box.  I'm sure that total output current would be the limiting factor, so this may be a fantasy device I'm thinking of.

Hypnocracy:
Any feedback on these? My old BatteryGeek 10-14-115 bit the dust and I'm afraid the other is not far behind.

jeenash:

--- Quote from: H₂O on March 25, 2016, 10:55:51 AM ---http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YP823NA

Pretty good deal IMO - This is over 3x as many Wh as the Naztech PB15000 (which is a 55.5Wh battery)- i.e. will last 3x longer!

It has 20V, 12V and 5V outputs.

--- End quote ---

I bought one about six months ago. I've run 2-5volt decks and a fairly thirsty preamp simultaneously and over the course of a standard show it doesn't even drop the capacity meter one light. It doesn't seem like cheap junk like alot of the batteries out there. It is a bit heavy but still lighter than a SLA. I shut it down early during an initial test because I was confident it would last 24 plus hours straight. Check your current draw first on your devices though. I forget the specs but it is limited.

jeenash:
Oh and I forgot to add that it is way too large of capacity to be allowed on an airplane.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version