Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Mini me Digi noise?  (Read 2743 times)

jcable77

• Trade Count: (0)
Mini me Digi noise?
« on: March 27, 2017, 10:03:54 PM »
I searched a bit, as I'm sure this topic has been covered thoroughly but couldn't find an answer. It's that almost video game sounding quirky noise. I had to move it a bit cuz I was having a problem with new batteries I put together for nak 300s and wasn't getting a signal. Old batteries worked fine, but during the first tune I can't tell if it's when I adjust the mini me pres that make the noise or if it's the spdif output? It's like a brand new unit and I hadn't had any issues with spdif to this point. But I hadn't really used the pres on it yet. Usually just run out of the SD 302 to convert. I know people suggest using the AES output. Any input I greatly appreciate.

Offline MakersMarc

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • 😈
Re: Mini me Digi noise?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 08:53:33 PM »
I had a new one and had problems both with scratchy trim and spdif drops. Use the AES.
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520/Sansui 221>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • my list
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 09:08:13 PM »
I borrowed one once way back in 2004.  same issue,  heard noise when I raised/lowered gain.  forgot all about it till now!
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

jcable77

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 09:23:41 PM »
I asked Ted about an AES cable today. Was just kinda curious about the pre trim if that was an issue. I kind of have an idea of where I'd set the pres now before hand if I'm going to use them. I wasn't sure if it was one or the other. Think I have my bases covered now for the most part. Thanks for the input.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.053 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com