Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Small windscreens  (Read 336 times)

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's Get Small
Small windscreens
« on: March 13, 2018, 10:14:18 PM »
For beyer ck930’s 21 mm diameter but short length as they are actives. Currently using the one from my studio projects c4 set
Mics: Sound Professionals - SP-CMC-8 , Studio Projects SPC4, Beyerdynamic ck930  AT853 shotguns
Pre amps: Beyerdynamic MV-1 ,  Naiant IPA
Recorders:  Edirol R-44, Edirol R-09HR, Roland  R-05, Tascam  Dr-2d

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Small windscreens
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:33:29 PM »
I use the Movo WSTT50 with my CM3s which are tiny, and I also use them with the Naiant X-Q which are even smaller than actives.  Excellent performance, and cheap.
DPA 4061 | Line Audio CM3 | Naiant X-Q
Naiant PFAs | Shure FP24
Tascam DR-70D JWMod | Sony PCM-M10

Tascam DR-70D FAQ
Team Line Audio
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.    ///    If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
- Gustav Mahler

Offline ts

• Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 09:27:38 AM »
I use the AKG W90 or W32 for all my actives. They cover the cap and the collette, leaving the clip area exposed. I’ll post some pics when I get a chance. I even use these screens with my modded Naks. They are relatively inexpensive and you can always throw a small dead rat over them for the high winds.

Offline seethreepo

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Let's Get Small
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 01:27:05 PM »
I use the Movo WSTT50 with my CM3s which are tiny, and I also use them with the Naiant X-Q which are even smaller than actives.  Excellent performance, and cheap.
Thanks Voltronic
They were on my radar but I wasnt sure if they would block the openings on the mics.  I should have also mentioned Ideally they will be ok to run in a hat as I often do that.  What diameter are your mics?/ opening on the  movo's ?
Mics: Sound Professionals - SP-CMC-8 , Studio Projects SPC4, Beyerdynamic ck930  AT853 shotguns
Pre amps: Beyerdynamic MV-1 ,  Naiant IPA
Recorders:  Edirol R-44, Edirol R-09HR, Roland  R-05, Tascam  Dr-2d

Offline voltronic

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 08:08:32 PM »
Thanks Voltronic
They were on my radar but I wasnt sure if they would block the openings on the mics.  I should have also mentioned Ideally they will be ok to run in a hat as I often do that.  What diameter are your mics?/ opening on the  movo's ?

They shouldn't block the vents on your actives.  No good for a hat though, unless you're Pharell Williams!  My mics are 20mm (CM3) and 19mm (X-Q).  The opening on the Movo is difficult to measure exactly as it's a flexible rubber ring, but they state 18-24mm as the diameter they work with.
DPA 4061 | Line Audio CM3 | Naiant X-Q
Naiant PFAs | Shure FP24
Tascam DR-70D JWMod | Sony PCM-M10

Tascam DR-70D FAQ
Team Line Audio
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.    ///    If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
- Gustav Mahler

Offline noahbickart

• Site Supporter
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • So now I wander over grounds of light...
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 12:32:26 AM »
Thanks Voltronic

Movo’s are great for open taping, but seem useless in a hat. Try the inexpensive wintech screens.
Recording:
Capsules: Schoeps mk41v (x2), mk4v (x2), mk22 (x2), mk3 (x2), mk21 & mk8
Cables: 2x nbob KCY, 1 pair nbob actives, Darktrain 2 and 4 channel KCY extensions:
Preamps:    Naiant Littlebox, Naiant IPA, Naiant PFA, Sound Devices Mixpre6
Recorders: Sound Devices Mixpre6, Sony PCM m10
Home Playback: Mytek DSD 192> Adcom SLC 505> Marantz Ma500 (x2)> Eminent Tech LFT-16; Musical Fidelity xCan v2> Hifiman HE-400
Office Playback: Grace m903> AKG k701

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.148 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2018 Taperssection.com