Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Tagging Live Music for Plex

(1/3) > >>

mattmiller:
I've only recently set up Plex and have spent the last couple months working out most of the kinks with most of my media.  One problem I haven't solved is getting Plex to recognize my live albums, which are all tagged by Foobar and are properly identified both in Foobar and in Windows 7.  Plex will recognize the artist name and track titles, but the albums all show up as [Unknown Album], even though the albums are correctly tagged according to Foobar and Windows in the format YYYY-MM-DD - Venue, City, State.  Of course, I can manually input the album name into Plex, and I initially did that for the first batch of 30 that I uploaded, but then I decided to move everything to a new, larger hard drive.  Doing so forced me to rescan all the media and my manually-input tags were all lost.  I'm not going to input them all manually again without exhausting all my other options.  I know that Plex isn't ideal for live music given its current inability to play the tracks without gaps, but has anybody opted to use it anyway and perfected a system for tagging live shows in a way that Plex recognizes immediately?

rigpimp:
Live Show Tagger in Foobar DOES NOT create an album name.  I found that I could create an action in Mp3Tag to bulk tag files for Cloudplayer (Which I abandoned due to poor playback.)  I'll look and see what I posted on their Google+ forum.

I was thinking about buying a lifetime pass for Plex but found that even with my trial it had A LOT of flubs and poor remote playback as well.

https://plus.google.com/+KeithKreider/posts/CyzSetmG27S

Gordon:

--- Quote from: rigpimp on August 15, 2018, 10:31:05 PM ---Live Show Tagger in Foobar DOES NOT create an album name.

--- End quote ---

True though it appears to in Foobar. If you select all files, right click > properties you can easily copy/paste the venue field into album.

I've worked up a video tutorial for tagging with foobar but need to add all the text. Been too busy but hope to finish it soon!

vanark:
I use a foobar script function to create the Album field by combining the date and venue fields. At least that is what it is supposed to do.

mattmiller:

--- Quote from: Gordon on August 16, 2018, 12:36:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: rigpimp on August 15, 2018, 10:31:05 PM ---Live Show Tagger in Foobar DOES NOT create an album name.

--- End quote ---

True though it appears to in Foobar. If you select all files, right click > properties you can easily copy/paste the venue field into album.

--- End quote ---

That's what I've done.  I know it doesn't automatically populate the album field from the text file, but I have been manually populating it this way.  Windows shows the tags there, but Plex won't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version