Gear / Technical Help > Playback Forum

Anyone use Tidal to access MQA music?

(1/5) > >>

MakersMarc:
Love to know how peeps experiences have been. I have an MQA compatible player on the way. The two month trial is sweet.

heathen:
I have a philosophical/ideological problem with MQA, so I have stayed away from Tidal.  I think the Spotify "High Quality" level is more than adequate.

You may want to read up about MQA before you decide to give Tidal your money at the end of the two month trial.

noahbickart:
I'm opposed to paying to rent music in general. I've spent the better part of two decades collecting music in .shn and .flac and I *own* it, and never have to pay anyone for content.

heathen:
As a supplement to the music I own, and particularly as a way to check out new music, I've been really happy with Spotify.

MakersMarc:
my situation is a like many tapers, I spent the last 20 years spending all my disposable income om recording gear and show tickets, not collecting music other than live taper stuff. Which is great, but I'm getting old and nostalgia is kickin in. Like listening to Zep or Stones or Beatles in better han CD quality. The vast majority of my CDs are 30 years old and very poorly mastered. They're just mostly hard to listen to. And I'm now in a fixed income, so collecting audiophile quality music is financially out of my reach; and frankly at my age I'm not interested in accumulating music or anything else. I have a thousand CDs or so, certainly no great collection, and missing a lot of great stuff.

I appreciate the info, when I was shopping for my DAP there was zero mention  in reviews of the ethical issues. They don't thrill me, but I'm also not sure how else I can affordable access the classics. I cannot listen to MP3s at all. So while this looks like a huge cash grab, seems like the MQA ship is coming. And for me, while $20 seems like a lot, I'll use it a lot too, so it's probably worth it.

This might make me a bad person but that ship has sailed. :lol:

I found this pretty compelling:
https://darko.audio/2016/06/an-inconvenient-truth-mqa-sounds-better/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version