Gear / Technical Help > Battery Boxes, Preamps, Mixers, ADCs, and Processors

Does this preamp exist?

(1/4) > >>

heathen:
I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to preamps, so bear with me.  Here are the key features I'm interested in:

* Portable
* Phantom power for two mics
* Digital audio out via USB
* Analog audio out
* Can output digital and analog simultaneously (so recording could be done via USB on one device and an analog in on another)
* Decent level meters (stereo linking of the two channels would be a nice bonus)
* Powered from battery or external power (ideally doesn't need to get power via the USB)[/li][/list]

I'm aware of the SD MixPre-D and USBPre2, but as far as I know neither of those have all of these features.  I'd be happy if I'm wrong though.

What pres have all these features, so I can get a sense of the landscape?

capnhook:
Apogee Mini-me

kindms:
i think that new sonosax has all that but i dont think its out yet

https://www.sonosax.ch/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/SX-M2D2-Sell-Sheet.pdf

tedyun:
I thought the USBPre2 could do all this? When you want to record digital out via usb, do you mean that you want to record to your computer?

--- Quote from: heathen on November 15, 2018, 05:42:34 PM ---I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to preamps, so bear with me.  Here are the key features I'm interested in:

* Portable
* Phantom power for two mics
* Digital audio out via USB
* Analog audio out
* Can output digital and analog simultaneously (so recording could be done via USB on one device and an analog in on another)
* Decent level meters (stereo linking of the two channels would be a nice bonus)
* Powered from battery or external power (ideally doesn't need to get power via the USB)[/li][/list]

I'm aware of the SD MixPre-D and USBPre2, but as far as I know neither of those have all of these features.  I'd be happy if I'm wrong though.

What pres have all these features, so I can get a sense of the landscape?

--- End quote ---

heathen:

--- Quote from: tedyun on November 15, 2018, 06:27:34 PM ---I thought the USBPre2 could do all this? When you want to record digital out via usb, do you mean that you want to record to your computer?

--- End quote ---
Basically yes.  Can the USBPre2 output digital and analog simultaneously?[/list]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version