Gear / Technical Help > Post-Processing, Computer / Streaming / Internet Devices & Related Activity

Audition or Audacity?

(1/4) > >>

Dan33185:
I've been using Adobe Audition to master shows as long as I've been recording, but I see a bunch of people here use Audacity as well. Is there an advantage to using one over the other, or does it just come down to personal preference?

morst:
Is the adobe product free, open source, and runs on mac, linux and pc?

Audacity meets those criteria.

Dan33185:

--- Quote from: morst on December 10, 2018, 04:47:17 PM ---Is the adobe product free, open source, and runs on mac, linux and pc?

Audacity meets those criteria.

--- End quote ---

No, but let's pretend all things are equal as far as price and OS for the sake of this thread. I'm just asking about the actual programs, nothing else.

wforwumbo:
The correct answer is, use whichever tools and methodologies you find most appropriate. I use Logic, because that's what is the easiest workflow for me and gets me the sound I want. The above comment points out some benefits to using Audacity, but the same argument can be made for Reaper; I don't think one tool is inherently "better" or "worse" than the other, and it isn't necessarily the sole reason why you should or shouldn't use a program. Both are different and have their purposes. I don't think Audition and Audacity are equivocal, both accomplish different skill sets and different work flows. I say use whatever works best for you and gets you the sound you want, just like taper gear.

Chilly Brioschi:
Audition, if this is a "which do you like better" thread.
I have a bunch of workflows and filter sets built-out already and it makes life easier

Wavelab also a favorite
Soundforge, and Samplitude-Sequoia are also on my "familiar and like" list

I still use CD-Wave for tracking, yup, I'm a fossil...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version