Gear / Technical Help > Ask The Tapers

Stealth Rig Woes

(1/2) > >>

mp3weenie:
Hey all it’s been a while. Recently I busted out my stealth rig and now even very small venues are using wands. So I was bummed I had to leave the gear in the car for one of my favorite artists (I do t get out much anymore). My current rig: DPA 4061 -> Church Audio 9100 -> micro track. I would like to be able to put DPA into iPhone if there is something that can get through a light wand search at the door.

Thanks for the input.

Jay

Niels:
I have only heard of the DPA MMA-A, owned by some in this forum. No idea if it will go unnoticed. I personally like my Sennheiser Ambeo Smart Headset which plugs directly into the iPhone and passes for regular headphones. I don't record loud music, so wouldn't know if it would work for that.

Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B):
DPA d:vice.

There is a long thread about it here:
http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=181868.0

daspyknows:
You should be able to get your current rig past wands and walkthroughs.  Methods and sources should be discussed via pm though.  I easily walk in with a babynbox, Schoeps MK4's and Tascam DR-2D which is a bit larger I believe.

Fatah Ruark (aka MIKE B):

--- Quote from: daspyknows on April 07, 2019, 01:06:08 PM ---You should be able to get your current rig past wands and walkthroughs.  Methods and sources should be discussed via pm though.  I easily walk in with a babynbox, Schoeps MK4's and Tascam DR-2D which is a bit larger I believe.

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the same thing. My rig is about the same size as OP's. I've never had a problem unless I was being careless or got to ballsy.

That being said...if OP already has the DPA's, the d:vice is almost fool proof for getting into any venue (with maybe the exception of an artist that requires people to check their phones).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version