Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Zoom H2 question....

(1/2) > >>

Dan33185:
So, I might have messed something up with my recorder. I opened it up to use an air can and clean it out a bit (probably a dumb idea looking back at it), and in the process a small piece fell out. I have attached a couple pictures of what it looks like, I can't figure out where it goes or what it does. Everything seems to be working fine, so I'm thinking it's not an integral part of the recorder, but I'd rather have it in there if if belongs obviously. Anyone know what this piece does?

Dan33185:
Anyone?

morst:
Looks like it passes light and is spring loaded. Is this the H2 original or H2N? Does H2N have digital optical interface? Have you tested its functionality before and after repair?
It could be a light but why would it be clear and not green or red, and why is is spring loaded?!
It could be a button. Is there some reset button hidden in battery compartment?

unidentified:
Soyuz space capsule miniature.

Dan33185:

--- Quote from: morst on April 16, 2019, 08:39:02 PM ---Looks like it passes light and is spring loaded. Is this the H2 original or H2N? Does H2N have digital optical interface? Have you tested its functionality before and after repair?
It could be a light but why would it be clear and not green or red, and why is is spring loaded?!
It could be a button. Is there some reset button hidden in battery compartment?

--- End quote ---

The original H2...everything seems to be working as expected, so I'm not overly concerned about it, but it was in there for a purpose, just not sure what the purpose is at this point. I don't see any type of reset button or a place for it in the battery compartment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version